BYC Café

Yeah but, 5% and 3% of what?
Of the people who have tested positive for the virus?
The people who have Covid on their death certificate because it was detected but may not have been the cause of death.
As a percentage of per million population I think you'll find it's somewhere around 0.05%! Hardly a species threatening statistic is it...
The point of the post was that the infections in a wave start with the younger population. They do not get as sick and die at a significantly lower rate-- and pass it off to the older generation that gets sicker but still passes it off to the older generation that gets a lot sicker--three generations in all.

The world is bickering about the particulars when it is obviously a terrible pandemic-- the worst since the 1918 flu.

Wait two or three years when the true numbers come out. It will likely be three times the official number. Currently that would be 3 million in the world and 600 thousand in the US.

For the US, that equals the 1918 pandemic. It is better for the World rate though

By the way, death rate is much higher than .05%. I think that number comes from the russian trolls that convoluted the CDC numbers.

The point of the post was that the infections in a wave start with the younger population. They do not get as sick and die at a significantly lower rate-- and pass it off to the older generation that gets sicker but still passes it off to the older generation that gets a lot sicker--three generations in all.

The world is bickering about the particulars when it is obviously a terrible pandemic-- the worst since the 1918 flu.

Wait two or three years when the true numbers come out. It will likely be three times the official number. Currently that would be 3 million in the world and 600 thousand in the US.

For the US, that equals the 1918 pandemic. It is better for the World rate though

By the way, death rate is much higher than .05%. I think that number comes from the russian trolls that convoluted the CDC numbers.
It's in the details that the devil lies.;)

I'd like to say "smooth move" but under these circumstances that would be inappropriate!!
:lol:
The people that bought our house had the shortest move ever. Hired a company to do it. They pulled the truck up in front of the rental house, filled it then backed down the road 3 houses and unloaded.

the comment I left on his pre-fab coop recommendation thread,
I've not seen that thread but there would be no recommendation from me on any of the "holds 'x' chickens" prefab coops.

She seriously expects us all to do everything for her, me most of all. 🙄
Well you expected her to do everything when you were a wee one, she's just collecting ;)

Thanks aart

The supermarkets are mainly responsible for this. They wont buy from the farms unless the produce meets a certain criteria.
No sense buying stuff and putting it on the shelves when you know people won't buy it. But my understanding is there is a lot of wasted food all along the path including a lot at the hands of the end consumer.

I've not seen that thread but there would be no recommendation from me on any of the "holds 'x' chickens" prefab coops.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...eedback-why-and-why-not.1360096/post-22424720 :oops:

Well you expected her to do everything when you were a wee one, she's just collecting ;)

Not true! I didn't even cry when I was born. I immediately started sucking my thumb, or so I'm told by her. I knew then that I was going to have to take care of myself. Thanks for the oven mom, this bun is done!
My mother never did much for any of us when we were little. She was always drunk or had passed out and we were left to our own devices.

would be no recommendation from me on any of the "holds 'x' chickens" prefab coops
I love my green frog designs coops! But they are just for roosting and laying in; I don't think they'd suit anyone not really free ranging their flock.
a lot at the hands of the end consumer.
absolutely. This is our problem, and one that we can all start to address quite simply by trying not to buy more than we intend to eat, and using what we buy. Saves us money too, so that's got to be a win-win!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...eedback-why-and-why-not.1360096/post-22424720 :oops:

Not true! I didn't even cry when I was born. I immediately started sucking my thumb, or so I'm told by her. I knew then that I was going to have to take care of myself. Thanks for the oven mom, this bun is done!
My mother never did much for any of us when we were little. She was always drunk or had passed out and we were left to our own devices.
Your mom sounds like some of the moms my friends had when I was growing up. You are one good, solid egg DL. Your family is extremely fortunate to have you! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom