BYC Café

Good evening Cafe.
I've made a pot of tea. Help yourselves.
Another lovely day here. Blue skies, sunshine, 24C top temp.
Feed run today. I must remember not to try to throw 40kg sacks onto my shoulder. I practicaly ripped my arm off and shrank a couple of inches.
Another window has been broken at the back of the Nissan. That's two now in the space of a couple of weeks. I can just see someone turning up with two panes of glass asking if I can fit them.:rolleyes:
Mel's better today. Not there yet but improving.

Good evening Cafe.
I've made a pot of tea. Help yourselves.
Another lovely day here. Blue skies, sunshine, 24C top temp.
Feed run today. I must remember not to try to throw 40kg sacks onto my shoulder. I practicaly ripped my arm off and shrank a couple of inches.
Another window has been broken at the back of the Nissan. That's two now in the space of a couple of weeks. I can just see someone turning up with two panes of glass asking if I can fit them.:rolleyes:
Mel's better today. Not there yet but improving.
Thanks for the tea!

I was happy that the feed bag was only 40 pounds yesterday! 40kg would be too much for sure!

my basic feed, given for breakfast and tea, is a premium grain mix, milled in Hay-on-Wye but purchased from local feed stores; it consists of wheat + barley + broken maize + a few black oil sunflower seeds, to which I add some whole oats, which I buy separately, and then ferment the lot for a day or two in small batches (the largest batch will only do a day's feed now I'm up to 14 birds). They also graze the grass and forage in the shrubbery on and off during the day, but I think it's relatively thin pickings on the forage front now the weather's changed.

Back
Top Bottom