BYC Café

Chicken Curiosities.
Found an egg in the middle of coop floor.
One bird in nest, might be same the spent all afternoon and evening in there yesterday.
Not sure which one as many of the leg bands have fallen off....I really need to do something about that.

Back eaves dripping like mad, but not warm enough to run off patio, so ice rink.

This will probably be the last chick purchase I make.
Then start hatching your own? What breeds or crosses?
He was a great artist and great guy.
He ran a great forum where I learned a lot, then was able to take a week long work shop with him in Tennessee.
The bench in the picture is just freaking awesome. Wow. :th

Then start hatching your own? What breeds or crosses?
Have been hatching my own since the beginning, along with a few purchases.
Olive Eggers was/is the goal.
Have used Welsummer over blue laying EE.....50% chance of green eggs.
Have used Black Copper Marans over Cream Legbars....100% green eggs and sexlinked chicks to boot.
Next spring will probably go with BCM over the Amercaucana, time will tell, might depend on what I get out of these chicks....and if the passion holds, it's getting thin.

Chicken Curiosities.
Found an egg in the middle of coop floor.
One bird in nest, might be same the spent all afternoon and evening in there yesterday.
In my flock that means BROODY!

This afternoon I happened to glance up at the box under the ladder in the feed room while I was getting the alpacas their pellets. 5 eggs in there from at least 3 hens, maybe 4.Two frozen enough to have split. I'll see if the others are useful tomorrow. Silly chickens, none have laid there since last summer!

Sorry to hear that. I can't say that I blame him but it still sucks.
He came with me! He was quiet but enjoyed the meal and watching Bella and Sully play!
IMG_20210306_190458783.jpg

They ran around the house until they were panting and their tongues were lolling out of their mouths. At one point they ran upstairs and it sounded like a herd of elephants up there.
Bella is now passed out in front of the wood stove.

He came with me! He was quiet but enjoyed the meal and watching Bella and Sully play! View attachment 2558753
They ran around the house until they were panting and their tongues were lolling out of their mouths. At one point they ran upstairs and it sounded like a herd of elephants up there.
Bella is now passed out in front of the wood stove.
I am happy for you!

Back
Top Bottom