BYC Café

voodoo voodid whatever did as a test not saying it right or wrong have two pipped a blue roo and a brown pullet eggs 5 still out
Yes! I know you are doing it for fun. The danger, like I have posted before, is when people use a method like this to sell chicks as pullets!

Easy to misread should I decide to sell as I did put them on craigslist as straight run
Sadly some on the string thread will or maybe already be selling chicks based on it.

One of my other pet peeves is people selling chicks that are not sex link crosses or auto sexing breeds based on feather color.

Some think that any crele color pattern is able to tell pullets from cockerels, like crele Orpingtons. They are not! The same works with fast feathering. It has to be a sex link cross, so pure marans are not sexable by feathering speed.

While it might be fun to do at home, It is irresponsible to sell them as pullets or cockerels using methods like the above.

Another is the egg shape method, which is actually Freudian if you know what I mean!

saying that long skinny eggs are male and more rounded eggs are female? That is using the ****** symbol!

pure marans are not sexable by feathering speed.
Very true. Any breed with Asian ancestry can show slow feathering, and in the case of the Marans it is not even gender-related.

And the oblong eggs are mostly due to abdominal fat accumulations.

long skinny eggs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom