BYC Café

Someone less than 5 mi from my house has offered to incubate the eggs. They arrive Wednesday. So if nothing else I'll have to brood and integrate the little buggers myself.
But I'm still hopeful Astrid will tip over the edge. The first year she went broody she did it in July. Last year she went broody in July and again in August.
Come on Broody Magician! Send a spell her way!! And don't miss and hit the rest of the girls like you did last year.
very funny🤣

From what I understood they were broody but did not like being moved to the maternity ward. They prefer their previously chosen nesting place.
Oh, they're broody alright. I've been breaking them left and right since spring. Once I finally relent and buy hatching eggs, THAT'S when they decide to knock it off... somewhat.
Every broody I've ever let set, locks on in the Ward. Not these two stubborn midgets.
Broodies are not reliable for a breeding program.

I hatched for a breeder for three years that was sure that broodies where the way to go. Finally they realized that they needed an incubator!

The breeding program is going much better now

The littles survived their first night out in the coop. They were in the huddle box when I went out there at lockup. :thumbsup Six more nights, babies, and then you can go outside in the run! I promise, you will like that.

They do not like pellets. They like crumble. The adult food they will be eating is crumble, so I'm processing their starter pellets in the blender to mash then up a bit. They also don't like their feeder. They want to eat either off the floor, or out of a bowl. They'll be eating out of a bowl when they get bigger, so I'm giving in on that too. Momma softy.

Lovely semi lazy day here...smelling rain falling and bread rising/baking.
I mowed the front lawn, pruned roses and pulled some weeds. When the sweat was getting into my eyes, it was time to stop!

The high today will be 107F

Back
Top Bottom