BYC Café

Yikes!
Maybe isolate him where he can't fence fight?
That's what I did since Thursday.

I have to keep the La Fleche rooster with the infected toe in the anteroom of his coop with two of his ladies for company, as he moves too much and fights with his half brother through the double fences, thus ripping off the bandage and getting his toe all nasty again. :barnie So hopefully his toe will heal better now that he is forced to slow down.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready. It a glorious 50F this morning with clear blue skies!

I've got someone coming for a Ryobi sliding compound miter saw with a burned out motor. I'm practically giving it away at $15. Someone else is coming later for my unused power hole digger with a 6" auger. $80. Someone else asked about the drill press, said they wanted it but I never heard back. I expect that the most.

What a phenomenal morning today is for wildlife adventures while running the dogs. Practically as soon as I set foot out of the car I could see a blue heron flying over the fields. As we crested the hill towards the old baseball field, I could see a red fox darting up through the grass.
IMG_20210731_085555099_HDR.jpg

It stopped in that cluster of weeds just past that large grouping of purple Monarda in the upper left portion of the picture. As far as I know, it's still there. I never saw it run out and into the woods beyond. Then I glanced over to the mostly dead Ash tree and saw a little kestrel fly out of it.
And it's still cool and glorious!

Back
Top Bottom