BYC Café

Good morning, Cafe', and thanks for the coffee.

One test should be back today - I think the blood work - and the other by tomorrow. Meanwhile Dale thinks he is okay and is acting normally. After the catheterization he was bleeding from his penis. This concerned the vet as all went well, and the catheter is very soft. To quote him, "This shouldn't be happening and concerns me."

Just received a call from the vet, and bloodwork and urinalysis are basically normal. Not what I wanted to hear - was hoping for a raging bladder infection. We'll continue with the antibiotics. I will monitor closely and call him again on Thursday. If there is no improvement or worsening in his condition, vet will anesthetize him, pump air into his bladder, and X ray again - looking for bladder or prostate tumor. Not happy.
Yikes....shudders and cringes. Hope it works out OK.

Suffice it say, it was MUCH easier shoveling today.
Might have even helped your sore muscles to go thru same movements...'hair of the dog'.

Have snow cleanup left over from the storm last week, it's not quite ice but close.
Kicking myself for not getting it cleaned up before.
Chipping away at it, chop and chuck, much warmer today but wind is nasty.
Feeling melancholy today, it's my daughters 41st birthday.

Poor Dale. At least he's otherwise acting okay.
:hugs
Yeah, he thinks he is fine. Yesterday he was somewhat depressed when I got him out of his kennel - just not himself, and of course once we got back from the vet's he was not real happy - can't blame him. Today he is bouncing off the walls, and I related that to the vet. He says there is an outside possibility that there was a lodged stone that the catheter dislodged. :fl I wish I could be that optimistic.

Can't complain about the weather here, really. It's been 40's-50's the last couple days, but the snow and drearies have socked in this morning. A day or two of 20's and back into the high 30's. Pretty typical weather for January.
Seems it is a lot warmer in Montana than I thought!

I wish I could be that optimistic.
I say we go with it Sour! Soft catheter, stone in urethra, blood. Yep sounds like a good option :)

Back
Top Bottom