BYC Café

Google is not my friend tonight, so I need to know what to call what I'm looking for. Sorry for the long description to come.

Many years ago, I had some plastic window insulation that was NOT the stuff you tape up and shrink with a hair dryer. You pinched the sheet of plastic in a channel with a spline. Come spring, you took out the spline, removed the plastic, but the channel stayed there, so you could use it the next year. I think it was stuck on with double stick tape.

So, I can find all kinds of splines for various applications, especially making screens. But I can't find a separate channel piece. I'm not sure if it's called a channel, which is part of the problem.

Does anyone else remember that kind of window insulation? I really don't want to use the shrink film type, so I was going to get the pieces and make my own "kit" so to speak.

Help me out here, someone?

I am officially moved in to my new flat.
Car[et fitted, I'm about halfway through repainting. Cooker and fridge in. All my things out of storage. Most of my things out of my daughters. It took five car trips. Internet on it's way but meanwhile I can use the USB tethering on my mobile to run the PC which is what I'm doing now.
It's hard work this moving business and lots of stuff needs buying.
Your 'own place' is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom