BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. The coffee is over 2 hours old so I brewed some fresh.

I feel a little better about my mental state.

This weekend I managed to find, buy and install a "new" washer and finish the laundry that was involved with the washer flooding the basement (which is now completely dry).
I finally took down all the Christmas decorations. :oops: In my defense, I haven't decorated in nearly a decade and we were really enjoying the tree!

I got the fargin' taxes done AND I'm getting about $2,000 back!! :ya:wee

I got the coop all cleaned up, garbage and recycling out and the dogs run.

Holy Crap that's HUGE!
Did you buy this place and so have to pay for the window or are you renting?

I've got the same question as @aart. Are you paying for this or the landlord?

Uh... pictures? What color? Please don't reply with "white"...

Wonders how tall it is?

Same question did you buy or rent @Shadrach
There are five types of housing in Bristol and the rest of the UK, broadly speaking.
Freehold. You buy the house and the land that goes with it and it's yours until the government wants it.
Leasehold. You buy the property on a termed lease, 100 years is usual. You never really own the property. Lots of city properties are leasehold.
Housing association. You rent these properties. They are reasonably priced rentals with tenancy security.
Social housing. This is provided by the local authority/council. Usually reasonable rent but hit and miss with regard to area and condition.
Private rental. A complete rip off. Some of the worst properties in Bristol are in the hands of private landlords; on the other hand, so are some of the best.
Remember this is a city; not somewhere out in the countryside.
To rent privately requires stupid amounts of money here. The landlords know the city is popular and the whole of the UK has a serious housing crisis. They can charge what they want.
Houses with a postage stamp of a garden within the city boundries that are fit to live in start at around £350,000 ($470,000).

What I was lucky enough to get is a Housing Assocation property. I got this because I'm a pensioner and they get some housing priority with the housing associations. Given that an awful lot of pensioners have died with The Covid the chances of getting housed at my age improved over the last couple of years.:hmm
Most housing association properties come unfurnished as in nothing apart from plumbing and bare electrics. I got one of these.
The housing association is responsible for the structure of the building both in cost and getting the work done.
They do come painted but they paint everything Magnolia. I can't do Magnolia.
So, once I had got here I presented the housing association with a short list of problems that needed to be sorted. The window was one of them and no, I don't have to pay for it.
What I do have to pay for is all the white goods, carpet, furniture and decorating etc. I'm decorating at the moment.
The walls are a kind of white DL, Jasmine white and the woodwork will be when I've finished grey in one room and a kind of plum colour in the bedroom.
I just wanted shot of the Magnolia.:tongue
The window pane is 80cm tall aart.
I brought most of my furniture with me from Spain. Not fridge, cooker etc unfortunatley.
Social housing.

There are five types of housing in Bristol and the rest of the UK, broadly speaking.
Freehold. You buy the house and the land that goes with it and it's yours until the government wants it.
Leasehold. You buy the property on a termed lease, 100 years is usual. You never really own the property. Lots of city properties are leasehold.
Housing association. You rent these properties. They are reasonably priced rentals with tenancy security.
Social housing. This is provided by the local authority/council. Usually reasonable rent but hit and miss with regard to area and condition.
Private rental. A complete rip off. Some of the worst properties in Bristol are in the hands of private landlords; on the other hand, so are some of the best.
Remember this is a city; not somewhere out in the countryside.
To rent privately requires stupid amounts of money here. The landlords know the city is popular and the whole of the UK has a serious housing crisis. They can charge what they want.
Houses with a postage stamp of a garden within the city boundries that are fit to live in start at around £350,000 ($470,000).

What I was lucky enough to get is a Housing Assocation property. I got this because I'm a pensioner and they get some housing priority with the housing associations. Given that an awful lot of pensioners have died with The Covid the chances of getting housed at my age improved over the last couple of years.:hmm
Most housing association properties come unfurnished as in nothing apart from plumbing and bare electrics. I got one of these.
The housing association is responsible for the structure of the building both in cost and getting the work done.
They do come painted but they paint everything Magnolia. I can't do Magnolia.
So, once I had got here I presented the housing association with a short list of problems that needed to be sorted. The window was one of them and no, I don't have to pay for it.
What I do have to pay for is all the white goods, carpet, furniture and decorating etc. I'm decorating at the moment.
The walls are a kind of white DL, Jasmine white and the woodwork will be when I've finished grey in one room and a kind of plum colour in the bedroom.
I just wanted shot of the Magnolia.:tongue
The window pane is 80cm tall aart.
I brought most of my furniture with me from Spain. Not fridge, cooker etc unfortunatley.
Social housing.
How very well you where able to enlighten us thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom