BYC Café

I'm overrun with broodies.
I sent Sours broody curse back eastward :D

Aart, I hope you got the mower blade back on. Finding the parts in the grass is always interesting!
I did some raking, no luck....got the word out for a metal detector.
Only offer yet is a 'large' magnet on a stick, which will work for the large washer but not the brass/bronze bolt.

Just got back from the groomer's - she loves Maggie, and there were no problems.

Ate lunch at Hotdog Johnnies and there was a young girl there with a black dog - standing out on the blacktop, high 80's F, dog very evidently burning its feet. When I suggested that perhaps she should move the dog into the shade, she said, "Oh, she's only doing that because she's nervous around people." I convinced her that moving the dog was a good idea. :barnie

I sent Sours broody curse back eastward :D
I think he snuck one at me when I wasn't paying attention.

I tossed Jody (d'Uccle) in with her mother, Astrid (Australorp).
That ought to toss their noodles a bit.
Astrid is very high ranking but nice enough. She only gave Jody one tiny peck on the head. Jody is busy submitting.
When I suggested that perhaps she should move the dog into the shade, she said, "Oh, she's only doing that because she's nervous around people." I convinced her that moving the dog was a good idea
What an idiot. She shouldn't have a dog!!

We got some very much needed rain last night/this morning. It sang me back to sleep after I took care of the chickens. It was really hard to get up when I eventually did.

I got the heavy soil garden hoed. I figured I'd better, since we'd had rain and the ground was soft enough to hoe. I found a tomato about 2" in diameter up there, still green. I have high hopes for the maters this year.

Yesterday I dug up a volunteer potato plant that was between two rows. Got enough tiny to little potatoes to make for a go with for dinner. I finished them today for lunch, sautéed with eggs and garlic scapes. Home grown lunch! Well, not the seasonings. Can't grow salt, pepper, and olive oil here.

Just got back from the groomer's - she loves Maggie, and there were no problems.
Excellent!

Ate lunch at Hotdog Johnnies and there was a young girl there with a black dog - standing out on the blacktop, high 80's F, dog very evidently burning its feet. When I suggested that perhaps she should move the dog into the shade, she said, "Oh, she's only doing that because she's nervous around people." I convinced her that moving the dog was a good idea. :barnie
What an Idiot!:mad:
You should have suggested she go barefoot on the hot pavement!

Back
Top Bottom