BYC Café

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee. Neighbors across the street generally release a barrage of fireworks given any excuse. Last night's 'display' was minimal. Apparently their new fear aggressive chocolate lab is afraid of 'booms'. There's a silver lining to every cloud. Maggie was not scared, but she barks and challenges almost every 'boom'.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

Bella doesn't like the fireworks. She's not as bad as dogs I've had in the past but she definitely is very agitated and shakes when she hears the loud booms. She would not go potty last night! She stayed glued to my leg. I had bought a thundershirt for one of my past dogs that I kept, just in case. I wrapped her up tight in that and we all went to bed. She slept pretty darn soundly last night even though the fireworks were still popping! That's a nifty little anti-anxiety tool.
They make blankets like that vest for people!

I think it would make my claustrophobia kick in though....

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready. I'm going in for a full day at work today and just 4 hours tomorrow.

I candled Tink's eggs last night. 2 duds, 2 developing. I think the duds were from Dani. She had a lot of poop build up on her that I had washed off about 1,5 weeks or so ago so I don't think Ace could effectively hit the target. I hope there is at least a pullet in the mix.

Good morning. I've brewed fresh coffee.
Last night was CRAP. Maggie seized at 9 PM and then again at 2:30 AM - significant, but not particularly long in duration. She is less fearful coming out of them. I doubled her Phenobarbitol this morning, and will call the vet about the evening dosage. We were mentally prepared for this as her blood levels were on the low level but appeared to be effective. This morning she is exhausted yet otherwise completely normal.. About midway between seizures she exhibited manic behavior that was borderline scary. I need to talk to the vet about that this morning. She's a big, strong creature and could inadvertently injure. Expletive she is seizing right now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom