BYC Café

Good afternoon Cafe! It’s nice and sunny here for once. I visited a lovely bakery this morning and brought some almond croissants and olive/goat cheese rounds to share.

65F44AF4-6CA2-40BD-84CA-41E7645E992D.jpeg

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

I'm getting my new pair of ultra-light frame glasses in 2-3 weeks and CAN'T WAIT! I HATE regular frames after having worn the ultra-light. I bought Titanium this time instead of Silhouette hoping they'll be a bit stronger.
And I got "measured" for my dry eye level and the Dr. said I scored a little better. But my right eye still hurts more than it doesn't. He did give me a sample box of Xiidra. I told him I'd tried Ristasis once and it didn't work. Xiidra is a different drug.

I then went out to see what Dr. Google had to say. I stumbled upon a YouTube series created by an optometrist that discussed the difference between the two drugs along with other videos on dry eye treatments and one of his recommendations for mixed cause dry eye drops was Refresh Optive Mega-3 with added flaxseed oil. The Amazon rating is 4.8. I've never seen such a high rating so I ordered some.

I also ordered a warm compress mask that was design specifically for dry eye therapy as I did find that it helped me but stopped doing it because you basically have to sit there for 15 minutes, twice daily, blind. And the pressure on my eyeballs was uncomfortable and caused blurred vision for a while when I took off the mask AND the damn thing was always too hot to put on right away and the heat didn't last very long.

:fl :fl :fl

I'm getting my new pair of ultra-light frame glasses in 2-3 weeks and CAN'T WAIT! I HATE regular frames after having worn the ultra-light. I bought Titanium this time instead of Silhouette hoping they'll be a bit stronger.
I am VERY allergic to nickel. Every wire frame pair of glassed I'd had, I'd end up with oozy sores somewhere. Finally, someone told me about titanium, and I've had those ever since.

My latest pair was $$$... Of course, I had to like the most expensive frames this place had. Of course, I got all the bells and whistles on the lenses. But seeing is a big part of my life...

That's what my HSA is for, right?

Back
Top Bottom