BYC Café

This is what mine turned out like cookie dough and cookies.
View attachment 3529356hView attachment 3529357
Looooove cookies!
cookie monster GIF by Sesame Street

Last edited:
I thought you are supposed to plant garlic in the fall?

It depends on the variety here (hard neck or soft neck, as soft neck generally don't survive our winters). We grow hard neck, so yes, garlic was planted in the fall! You can do it in the spring, but you would get significantly smaller bulbs. I just included it in the total garden count (we have six and now three are full for the season 🙂).

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

It's clear and crisp at 44F.
My new fish are already spawning. Poor girls are being relentlessly pursued.
I tested the water this morning and the ammonia and nitrites are back down to 0 each. I have an Uber filter.
Without being at work for over 2 weeks and therefore being away from over half my egg customers, I had accumulated over 10 dozen eggs. I gave 2.5 dozen to my neighbor across the street, 1.5 to my sister then FINALLY broke out the dehydrator and have 20 dehydrating now. I'll do another 20 when they're done.
I managed to spend about 2 hours yesterday creating files and organizing all manner of papers.
I got my mom's Abyssinian cat, Breton, listed on Northeast Abyssinian Rescue and she's being adopted tomorrow by a woman in Ohio! My sister will be meeting her in Hornell to shave a total of 3 hours off her drive. CS has been complaining about mom's cat since she first came here saying that mom should get rid of her because she can't even clean the litter. Well my nephew was taking care of that before CS drove him out.
I also discovered that my friend with the border collies has been mowing mom's lawn! He has had some whopper interactions with CS. He has her in his mowing schedule book under "whack job" :lol: .
Earlier this year she asked him if he knew of anyone that would want Breton. He said no and she replied with "I guess we'll have to put her to sleep soon". Just like with Skittles, there is NOTHING wrong with Breton. She kept letting her out of the house, we think, hoping she'd get hit by a car and her "problem" would be solved. My sister told her she's been adopted and is leaving Tuesday so stop letting her out. Then CS started in with "oh, give the adopter my contact information so I can tell her how to help Breton adjust. I wish there was a better way to check the background on her". Seriously?
I also got a call from one of my mother's oldest and dearest friends, Linda. She wants to come up when we have the interment for my parents. We talked for over 2 hours.

Can you detail your method? I might try this.
This being my first batch, I just followed the recommendations on a camping blog I found.
10 hours at 165F.
The 165F is to kill pathogens to make them safe to store in an air tight container. I'll still bag them up and put them in the freezer. The blog recommended running the dehydrated eggs through a food processor but I'm not doing that. These eggs will be for frittatas so who cares how consistent they are? The egg is used to bind it together.
I weighed each batch and the average weight of one large egg is a very consistent 2.0 oz. I'm going to weigh each tray to determine the weight loss for rehydration purposes.
Now I want cookies for breakfast. Great.

This being my first batch, I just followed the recommendations on a camping blog I found.
10 hours at 165F.
The 165F is to kill pathogens to make them safe to store in an air tight container. I'll still bag them up and put them in the freezer. The blog recommended running the dehydrated eggs through a food processor but I'm not doing that. These eggs will be for frittatas so who cares how consistent they are? The egg is used to bind it together.
Is this a freezer dryer?
How do you put the eggs on the trays, scramble them first or just break them open onto the tray?
Pics as you process?

Back
Top Bottom