BYC Café

Anxiety topped with sadness here today, water in kitchen is not running as it should....
...and another old girl is gone.
Olive was hatched here from one of the first I ever hatched.
Olive started laying gorgeous speckled green eggs the day her mother died.
She was always a good and gorgeous bird.
Found her stone cold dead on the poop board this morning.
Not sure why, no odd behavior in past days, tho she had a bit of prolapsed vent.
RIP Olive.
1686228987424.png

Morning, Cafe!
Sorry to hear and I hope the water issue is fixed soon, aart! :hugs
DS$ and GF are home for a visit and we have been having fun despite the endless rain in the afternoons and evenings. I just don't know what the garden will do this year with cool temps and a lot of water. Good thing I like cabbage!
Hugs to the Cafe and I hope much less stress is on tap!

Anxiety topped with sadness here today, water in kitchen is not running as it should....
Not sure why, no odd behavior in past days, tho she had a bit of prolapsed vent.
RIP Olive.
View attachment 3533765
It's sad when one of the flock passes on. Sorry for your loss.

RIP Olive.
View attachment 3533765
Sorry you lost her. She was gorgeous.

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the coffee, Orca.

The CS saga continues. She also had mom change the percent distribution on the second large 401(k) account to 45% her, 45% my sister and 10% me. This account is now fully locked down pending court order. We are supposed to get a meeting scheduled with the attorneys today to discuss the case and they intend to draft letters to send to the financial institutions and CS stating that the designations are being challenged on the grounds not only of coercion but that my mom did have the mental capacity to make such changes.

I think I told you all about the letter I sent my mom trying to reconcile with her after I was accused of stealing from her, mismanaging her money and who knows what else. In that letter I reminded her of all I had done for her and the agreement that we had that I would list and sell dad's house (that I finished renovating for her) and collect the same commission that she would have had to pay any Realtor to do, so she'd in essence have gotten all the work I did on dad's house and her house for nothing.

In that letter I asked her how she could let CS control literally every aspect of her life and went on to say that I would never want to have any kind of relationship with CS because I never have had one and I wrote that she is the worst person I've ever met. There is no way in hell CS didn't read that letter. She was in complete control of everything in that house by then. My sister gave mom that letter less than 1 week before both accounts were changed. Coincidence? And why was my sister, as co-POA, not consulted regarding these changes?

When CS was first simply told by my sister that it was discovered that the beneficiary designation was changed on one account from equal distribution to the three daughters to CS being made sole beneficiary, CS BLEW UP in my sister's face screaming that she knew nothing about it and she "didn't like her tone". Then she slammed the door in her face. That is not the reaction of someone who truly didn't know and had nothing to do with the change. And I spoke with the financial advisor who had gone to my mom's house at her bidding to make the change and he told me that he was with my mom in the living room, CS was in the kitchen and when mom said she wanted to make CS the sole beneficiary that CS made a big production that she didn't want it, that it would mess up her disability benefits but mom was just adamant that CS be made sole beneficiary. The whole scene sounds rehearsed and contrived. But then CS instantly denied even knowing about it when sister said something.

I just don't know who the hell CS thinks she is but the kid gloves are off and I'm launching a full throttle attack on her for everything she's done to mom over the last 2.5 years. As my sister mumbled under her breath just before the door slammed in her face, "Oh, you are so F***ED!"

Last edited:
On a more positive note, DH recognized me yesterday and did VERY well when I was feeding him. When he was in the hospital and the first time I fed him a meal at the nursing home I would have to ask him to open his mouth an average of 3 times per bite before he did so. He ate each bite without prompting while I talked to the activities coordinator who didn't even have on her record that he was in last stage Alzheimer's.

I also noticed that his neck was in full lock up and he could barely lift his chin off his chest to eat. I started to gently massage the neck and he was wincing so I informed the nurse of his condition and she said that he'd been like that from the beginning. Maybe HER beginning but the first day he was admitted it wasn't like that. The nurse informed the doctor to examine him and I asked that a mild muscle relaxer and therapeutic massage be ordered as part of his rehab to give him some relief. I hope that he is in better shape today.

I brought Piper with me in hopes of cheering him but he doesn't really have a connection with her because I got her well after he moved into assisted living. And she recognized the changes in him and didn't immediately climb up him to lick his ears and face like she usually does.

Today I'll bring Bella to see if he recognizes her and maybe I can get a better reaction from him.

The AQI is finally below 100 at 92. I'm going to run the dogs for a good hour before the rain starts. Which is also a very nice thing.

My fish seem to be somewhat lethargic and I think it is because of the air bubblers. I have to aerate the pond but now all that crap that was in the air got dissolved in the water. They aren't gasping or anything, they've just slowed way down. I left the water running in the pond accidentally when I went to see DH yesterday and when I got home, all the fish were hanging out at the end of the hose where the fresh water was coming in.

Back
Top Bottom