BYC Café

2 ground hogs frolicking on my deck, literal rolling around wrestling, after I scared them once by opening the window after hearing my rain chimes get dinged.
:mad: :mad: :mad:
After a bit of patience I got a clear shot and hit one, it kinda flopped, but I can't find a corpse. Wonders if I'll see skads of flies congregating around the den hole?

2 ground hogs frolicking on my deck, literal rolling around wrestling, after I scared them once by opening the window after hearing my rain chimes get dinged.
:mad: :mad: :mad:
After a bit of patience I got a clear shot and hit one, it kinda flopped, but I can't find a corpse. Wonders if I'll see skads of flies congregating around the den hole?
Ah! Thanks for reminding me to get out the trap.

Someone -- was it on this thread? -- said they put some of their dog's poop at the entrance to GH dens, and the GH vacate the premises. I gotta try that.

We have a (hopefully abandoned!) GH den under our front porch. Hubby saved about a gallon of his urine and poured it down. And blocked the holes (two) with big rocks.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but...... it can take a bit of time to gird yourself with such a huge endeavor.
I just finished some plumbing sketches and determined how I'm going to temporarily hook the current bathroom into the new main septic line. I need to get a few more PVC fittings, more cement and few other odds and ends at the hardware store.
You are brave.
I have little choice. It has to be done as it's too high on the wall and there are two leaky fittings in the current line.
Here's one.
IMG_20230707_124815480.jpg

I did the auxiliary line and it came out great so I'm more confident doing the main line. And it's honestly easier due to it's being a straight shot down.

I have had my kitchen sink drain hooked in like this for 6 fargin' years!!
IMG_20230707_124750224.jpg

Another Mort Neff(googleit) Moment today:
3 turkey hens with at least a dozen poults meandering thru the field at woods edge followed oh so slowly by a velvet antlered buck.
Don't often see bucks n the field here....and WTH was he following the turkey's?
He figured a hunter would shoot a turkey, he would hear it, and escape unharmed?

Good Morning all!
If @DobieLover runs out of coffee I have a 1/2 pot that's hot and ready!
I meant to post the pics of my color scheme and the deco I have yesterday but I got busy and totally forgot about it. As soon as I get more and the deco gets spruced up I'll post pics again. I'm so glad I have really good help that don't mind me asking senseless questions or running ideas past them.
I love the colors!

Good morning Café. Coffee is ready.

After I run the dogs this morning, my BIL is coming up to help with the plumbing. It will be nice not to work alone and I can teach him how to do this stuff. A second set of hands (that I trust) will help the work go smoother, especially when working with a 3" line.

Good morning Café. Coffee is ready.

After I run the dogs this morning, my BIL is coming up to help with the plumbing. It will be nice not to work alone and I can teach him how to do this stuff. A second set of hands (that I trust) will help the work go smoother, especially when working with a 3" line.
That's going to be fun; two of you wedged under the sink.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom