BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Change is not always bad.. or permanent.
    And, even if you don't have chickens, you know you always have us. There is a special seat at this café just for you.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey, Krista, [​IMG]. We're still here for you. Good luck if you are 'house hunting' today.

3. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    [​IMG] We have faith in you Krista! We are sitting around this table because we come from a long line of "adaptables."

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    RANT! [​IMG] It's a beautiful weekend day here in W central NJ. Just got back from doing a favor for a friend. Our windy country roads are filled with phalanxes of bicyclists five abreast across the roads. [​IMG] Do they really think they are invulnerable? Or have those hard bike seats destroyed their brains along with other 'things'? [​IMG]

5. MissWiggles

MissWiggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    UP of Michigan
    I've had a time or two where I have felt like a little boat tossed about in a big sea. It's not too much fun, that's for sure. But then I met my DH (after 19 years in a not so great marriage). He never seemed to worry about anything. He always tells me "God has a plan". It took me awhile, but I think he is right. All the things I was worried about (and I worry A LOT) seemed to work out just fine.

It's ok to worry and be upset, but that after a while it doesn't help. Just remember God has a plan, even if you don't know what it is. :hugs

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm a very good worrier, got that from my mom. I was so good at it, she didn't have to bother worrying any more. Not only that I seem to be contagious - people spending too much time around me (like maybe 20 minutes) cower and crawl away with worries that never had till I pointed them out. IT is true that most of the things you worry about will never happen. So I HAVE to worry or THAT won't come to pass. See my predic?ament

7. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Hi everyone.

Thank you for your support. I am accepting of our situation and I can even see that potentially this could be the beginning of a wonderful life together for hubby and I, away from the stress and constant demand of his family farm. It will also be a much more secure financial future for us, and I am very grateful that hubby has been offered the opportunity he has. I think I am just very stressed and very worried. The IVF is a big demand both physically and emotionally on it's own - and now we have a 3 hour move, a new job, the loss of the chooks and packing etc to bring on board too. I can't help but feel anxious, which I know is wrong, but how do you stop worrying? It's just my nature. Anyway, I am very grateful of your support and patience with me at this time, and am so happy I will still be welcome at the café table, even though I will no longer have my feather babies. [​IMG]

I am having a quiet, 'at home' day today before a big day of house hunting tomorrow. Yesterday hubby and I found THE PERFECT house online, a 10 minute walk from his new job. Even better, it is UNDER what we had budgeted for, so we are desperate to get it. As we have 2 cats this will be a tough place to get, but hubby and I are going to offer up a double bond payment to see if that will sway the owner into taking us on. Fingers crossed, as it is a lovely place, in a great location. No chickens of course, but I think we could be very happy there. The town is quite isolated but I expect demand for this particular property will be high as it's so cheap. Anyway, we are good people with a solid rental reference history, and we are both professionally employed, so maybe on paper we will look ok? I'll keep you posted.

Krista x

8. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You Go Girl!!
    Scott

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Krista one caveat - WHY is the property underpriced??

10. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Maybe they don't allow pet chickens?
    Scott [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by