BYC Café

I have my own recipe for apple fritters was just thinking I have apples to to use
Bf was worried about the first month, not much anymore .. here is that recipe
Apple Fritters

Ingredients

1 tablespoon butter
2 large Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 large egg
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
2 cups vegetable oil for frying

Glaze:

1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, or more as needed

1 tablespoon sparkling apple cider, or as needed to make glaze

Directions

1. Melt butter over medium-high heat and cook until it turns golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add apples and cook over medium-high heat until apples just begin to soften around the edges, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon sugar and continue cooking another 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain in a strainer; let cool to room temperature.

2. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together in a mixing bowl until well combined.

3. Whisk egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter together in a separate mixing bowl. Add cooled apple pieces and sparkling apple cider; add the flour mixture. Stir just until flour is incorporated.

Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter per fritter, into hot oil, slightly flattening them out. Cook in batches. Fry on one side until small bubbles appear on the surface, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip fritters over and fry the other side until richly browned, about 2 more minutes. Whisk powdered sugar over

So...I do love cream puffs! And I have a really simple and delish recipe I'll share.

What we call a Bavarian creme (cream?) is a round donut filled basically with vanilla pudding and has chocolate frosting :idunno

Sounds very good!! :drool

I love those cream donuts. The kind with the powdered sugar outside and thick cream inside. :drool

Now y'all got ME wanting some cream puffs!! :smackIf I make them I'm using the KitchenAid mixer!

:lau Sorry :oops:

Less than two weeks into the New Year and I’m already causing everyone to break their diet/health resolutions... ;) :lau:oops:

The cannolis were a bit disappointing... chewy shell. :hit

Back
Top Bottom