BYC Café

I think she looks like a visla and Staffordshire terrier... She has the pronounced jaw of the staffie and the coloring/stance of visla
She doesn't to me, but she definitely has some of the personality traits of the Staffie. I would love to get her a friend to run around with here, but I've tried and she is not nice. Not knowing what her background is, I'm not sure what I could do to change that for her. We have a good trainer and a great doggy day care and opportunities to socialize her, but I've taken her to training and she is good until I take the leash off, then she is aggressive. Not worth the risk of someone's dog getting hurt. She has a safe place to live out her life, with room to run and explore.

Can't say as I've seen that, but I refuse to have a stop in San Francisco on the way to San Diego because the fog always makes every plane late.
Yep, my step-sister lives in San Bruno. Used to be able to see the airport before the neighbor put a second story on their house. Bye bye view of the bay. In the summer she'll drive all the way down to San Jose to catch a plane since the fog often screws up the planes at SFO.

It means that they have dew claws in the front and the back
No, it means they have 2 dew claws on each front foot, might have them on the back as well.

In this context, "dominant" refers to the expressing of an inheritable trait, and doesn't have anything to do with the animal's temperament (although some of that is inheritable, too). The "ridge" on a Ridgeback is a line of hair that grows in the opposite direction from the rest of the coat, and is always visible. Hair that just stands up is not a ridge, not by this definition, and almost any dog's hair may stand up when excited.

Since the gene for the ridge is dominant, even a dog that only has one Ridgeback parent will have the ridge.
I read a lot about Ridgebacks when I first got Ruby, because everyone that met her (pet stores, vet) said that's what she looked like. They said not all Ridgebacks have it. Here is an article on Ridgebacks that I just found in a search that explains it:
http://www.rrcus.org/rhodesianridgebackhealth/resources/ridgegenetics.html

The Calif fog you should see is the fog that rolls over the Golden Gate Bridge and the "in line" hills on either side in San Francisco. It's almost like The Blob coming for you!
We sometimes get bay area fog here. It comes over the coast range mountains along Highway 80.

The weird thing is that it can sometimes smell like fish!

It definitely looks weird on a Sunny morning to see the fog coming down to the valley over the mountains!

We sometimes get bay area fog here. I comes over the coast range mountains along Highway 80.

The weird thing is that it can sometimes smell like fish!

It definitely looks weird on a Sunny morning to see the fog coming down to the valley over the mountains!
And equally odd to be smelling fish!!!

Morning again need to get my rear in gear do a few coops but thought I would say hi to all again... Funny we had snow falling at 9 light dusting as it started to melt more fell now stopped again
mother nature.jpg

Back
Top Bottom