BYC Café

:bowYou sure have a way with dogs! I wish I could handle Ruby. DH has to give her a bath; I can't even get her in the tub. She is so tame and good compared to when we got her. After a month of an out of control dog, I contacted a trainer, I call her a dog whisperer. She came out over a Christmas weekend to save Ruby. After 3 1/2 hours we had some tools in our tool box. It has taken a lot of time, and some things are still difficult, but she wants to be a good dog. Who knows what all happened to her in her formative years. I'm not complaining about her. I just know less is more with her. The first time we left her home alone while we ran to the store, we locked her in the spare room and she tore the rug out and destroyed part of the door. Obviously, she cannot take confinement, so she has to have a doggie door and a lot of outdoor space to run. She doesn't want anyone messing with her paws, ears, tail, anything, but she loves hugs and cuddles.
I had to work my dogs into liking things over time. My parents beagle is ridiculous. He tried to bite when when I washed him. He's a big whiny baby.

Started snowing at 11 AM. Supposed to snow off and on until 7 PM and then turn over to rain/freezing rain. 3-6" predicted. 20 F this morning. It was brisk out there, but scenting was good for the dogs.
Brisk is what I call the foggy cold days here!

Yours is more brisk though

They just plowed our road (all 2 +" of accumulation) that's only the second time they have plowed this winter. Guys must need some overtime pay. Ironic that just as I typed that back they come spreading salt.

ron, I actually don't mind the cold as long as the wind is not blowing. I can always put on enough clothes to keep warm.

They just plowed our road (all 2 +" of accumulation) that's only the second time they have plowed this winter. Guys must need some overtime pay. Ironic that just as I typed that back they come spreading salt.

ron, I actually don't mind the cold as long as the wind is not blowing. I can always put on enough clothes to keep warm.
Carharts are my best friend this time of year. We've been watching the snow blowing off the roof most of the day here.

Back
Top Bottom