BYC Café

Morning Cafe folks!

I made another pot of coffee for anyone that needs it (like me) ☕

Good morning Debby!

Thanks for another round!
coffee-smiley-emoticon.png

Two of my Dobies were therapy dogs, Amber and Dylan. We primarily did nursing home visits but I always wanted to do children's programs with Dyl.
Dylan, was exemplary. He loved children above all else and could spend all day with them. I could turn him loose in a daycare without a worry in the world and every kid in there would be delighted by playing with him and safe from any who meant them harm! He was such an angel and lost so young.
Dylan
View attachment 2006988

Amber
View attachment 2006990

Beautiful dogs! :love

So sorry you lost Dylan so early!! :hugs Losing a pet is always difficult but when you lose them before their time, it seems it’s even more difficult. :( :hit :hugs

We lost Gator somewhat early too... he was 6 1/2 when we put him down. :(

Beautiful dogs! :love

So sorry you lost Dylan so early!! :hugs Losing a pet is always difficult but when you lose them before their time, it seems it’s even more difficult. :( :hit :hugs

We lost Gator somewhat early too... he was 6 1/2 when we put him down. :(
Dylan was a bit younger than that. I've lost all of them younger than what's considered the normal longevity range.

Dylan was a bit younger than that. I've lost all of them younger than what's considered the normal longevity range.
Wow that's sad you've lost them so young :hugs

My puggle is 10 with idiopathic epilepsy and I don't know what I'll do without her. I got her the day I got released out of the hospital with a bad prognosis. Since that day we have been chillin like villians. I haven't seen her for 3 days and I'm literally having withdrawls 🙈 I've been at my parents helping out my father.

Aw I’m sorry! That’s so sad! :hit :hugs

At the time, I thought we lost him really early, because all our other dogs had lived a long time, but looking back on it now, 6 1/2 was still pretty dang good compared to what a lot of people get. Some people lose their dogs at like 2 or 3 or younger. Or like all those people that lost their dogs extremely suddenly with those algae blooms last year. :hit at least we knew Gator was sick for a while and could prepare.

Good morning, Cafe! You all probably already drank all Debby's coffee, so I have a fresh pot going. Yesterday was so busy in the chicken yard that I was over 10 pages behind on this conversation! Missed all the food talk!
Beautiful bird, they all are.
Thanks! Mad is pretty handsome, but Pippi owns my heart. They are a handful right now but I keep telling myself this is temporary. They are going to be great roosters.
That does not sound appealing at all! Of course I'm a "mayo, garlic and tarragon only" tuna salad person. DW requires something crunchy in hers. WAY back when I was a kid I told my mother not to buy the kind of tuna the neighbor bought (in her presence , :oops:) since I didn't like the pickles in it. Who knew it didn't come out of the can that way?? I think I was about 4.
Oh man...I can't get enough pickles in my tuna! Even the tuna pancakes would be good if you leave the sugar out of the pancake and put some pickles in. :D
We've done it for 7 years. My dog was born to do therapy work...he's amazing. We used to have 6 hospice patients we visited every week for two years. When that was over we looked for a different setting. We had a request from the Community College and Ronald McDonald House....and so that's what we're doing now. We even did a television spot in December for them which was an great experience.
That's an awesome dog and an awesome mission.
Yum! :drool
Read your interview. Fascinating! What a great adventure you've been on! So sorry about the catfish attack. Who knew that could even happen?

Good morning Cafe. It's 11F out with flurries. The deck door was frozen shut again and required the hairdryer to get it open. Bella has not gone out of the house via the mudroom addition yet so getting the deck door open was a priority.
No raccoon tracks this morning. The poor bugger has probably realized there are easier meals to find elsewhere.
cold.gif

The record low here is 17F!

Morning Cafe Thanks Val second cup here up lots earlier today .... Need to take the car see what kind of damage when BF hit the ditch :confused:
I was up early too, but had to get DH off on his trip this week. Then rounds, and now finally coffee and BYC!

Happy that Richard is well again. Sorry about the car, though. And losing all your trail mix in the ambulance!

Good morning! I agree....and have that experience also. I'm afraid food has become "entertainment" here......eating out a way of life for many ...which leads to "Hmmmm what do I feel like eating today" instead of being grateful that there is food available. I sound like an old fogey:old, I know....and there's a good reason for that! :old
19 degrees here.....but not snowing and minimal wind.
I am an old fogey when it comes to food. I was dragged up that way.:D
If it's on the plate, eat it because that's all your getting. On the bright side, there isn't much I won't try because of how I was brought up and I value the fact I can eat decent food three times a day.:confused:
I brought my daughters up much the same.

Back
Top Bottom