BYC Café

Poor dog! Maybe you should de-claw the cat?
Are you serious?? Why would I de-claw the cat?
Mogwai is 17.5 years old, 6.5 pounds and has the right to let the dog know she is crossing her comfort threshold. The dog needs to respect that. And the claws don't come out until after many growls, hisses and swats. She works her way up to it as her irritation grows and Bella continues to ignore all the communication.
And as I mentioned previously, Bella doesn't seem to care about it. Mogwai has yet to draw blood.

Can't do that she couldn't defend herself or climb.
No climbing for Mogwai! She is strictly indoors now.
When I lived in the flood house down the hill, I used to let her out. One day she went about 20' up a tree and wouldn't come down. I had to get out the extension ladder and climb up and get her.
Nope! No more climbing for Mogwai.

@DobieLover sorry if I offended you. I just wanted to share that story because it came to my mind. I know you're attentive like I am with your animals!

I'm sharing that nest pic with my husband so he can see it. He will say you're a genius!
I'm not that sensitive! You didn't offend me at all.

You don't really know me that well yet. I know animal behavior fairly well. All my animals are rescues so they come into the house as adults and I know how to integrate and monitor successfully.

I'm not that sensitive! You didn't offend me at all.

You don't really know me that well yet. I know animal behavior fairly well. All my animals are rescues so they come into the house as adults and I know how to integrate and monitor successfully.
Hopefully I can continue rescuing animals as the years go on. So far I've done really well integrating all of mine. I don't think I've never lived without a dog all my life. Cats I didn't have for the longest time until I met Jack.

No climbing for Mogwai! She is strictly indoors now.
When I lived in the flood house down the hill, I used to let her out. One day she went about 20' up a tree and wouldn't come down. I had to get out the extension ladder and climb up and get her.
Nope! No more climbing for Mogwai.
:gig I have similar memories with some of our cats.

Are you serious?? Why would I de-claw the cat?
Mogwai is 17.5 years old, 6.5 pounds and has the right to let the dog know she is crossing her comfort threshold. The dog needs to respect that. And the claws don't come out until after many growls, hisses and swats. She works her way up to it as her irritation grows and Bella continues to ignore all the communication.
And as I mentioned previously, Bella doesn't seem to care about it. Mogwai has yet to draw blood.
Cats usually send lots of signals before the claws come out. Some dogs just don't care. Jolene is the same way and I have to correct her on her behavior. It's not the cats fault.

Declawing cats makes me cringe. It's like cutting of your finger at the knuckle. It's not just removing claws.
I agree. I believe when vets preform the declawing sergury that they shouldn't remove the tip of the toe. I believe declawing only should remove claw, & quick only then carderized to stop bleeding.

I also prefer cats with claws to be better then cats without claws.

Back
Top Bottom