BYC Café

I imagine all you Americans are very familiar with liquid smoke, but it's fairly new here, and I absolutely love it! It really made a maple-mustard glaze for pork ribs taste like it had been in a smoker for 5 hours, as per the recipe (and I don't have a smoker, so that was never an option). With a rub of smoked paprika, smoked salt, fennel seeds, and asafoetida, the ribs were truly scrumptious :drool
We can buy plain liquid smoke and hickory liquid smoke easily here. I imagine you can get other types.

I use it rarely now though since I have a pellet BBQ. Currently I have Pecan pellets and it is good for most meats

Now kids, it's time to put on your big girl and big boy panties and sleep on the roost. The ROOST you ijits! Not my back!... Who is that under my foot? Now what were you thinking going under there? HEY! You two on the floor, MOVE it! Get up here. (Oh, what the hell was I thinking? I need some wine.)
IMG_20200527_200730888.jpg

Last edited:
Now kids, it's time to put on your big girl and big boy panties and sleep on the roost. The ROOST you ijits! Not my back!... Who is that under my foot? Now what were you thinking going under there? HEY! You two on the floor, MOVE it! Get up here. (Oh, what the hell was in thinking? I need some wine.)
View attachment 2163693
That's excellent progress.

Good morning Cafe.
Coffee is made. Tea bags, sugar and milk are on the counter.
Full on sunshine here. It's going to be a warm one.
As the restrictions are gradually (?) lifted here I and many others are trying to recommence any dealings with the state that got abruptly terminated at lockdown. It's a nightmare.:(

Good morning Cafe.
Thanks for the coffee Shad.
Another sunny day here - April was the driest on record and now May is heading the same way. Clearly others of you have had a lot more rain than normal. It looks like abnormal weather patterns are a bit stuck in a rut.
I and many others are trying to recommence any dealings with the state that got abruptly terminated at lockdown. It's a nightmare.:(
Sorry to hear that Shad. We're still in lockdown (Wales is taking longer than any other part of the UK to loosen up, because hospital admissions here are not yet falling).

Back
Top Bottom