BYC Café

Thank you Ron! :D
Your welcome!

I baked bread from a recipe on the index

Sourdough bread 5-31-2020.jpg

One doesn't realise just how much noise they make until they're gone and then one flies overhead.
yes indeed. It got worse; driving home from the shop half the sky was covered with vapour-trail induced high cloud :( The blue skies have been a real delight, and I don't want to go back to permanent high-level haze :tongue

Y'all have given me hope. I had 3 Serama hens go broody within about a week of each other. Dumb things kept happening, like other hens laying in the nests of the broodies, eggs getting destroyed or just bumped out of the nest, an entire clutch that evidently were infertile . . . :barnie

Anyway, lots of fussing and rearranging (and endless humming of "The Broody Song") later, I have 2 hens with one chick each, and the third just had two hatch this morning. These are tiny little hens (weighing less than a pound each); their chicks are minuscule. Even though these particular hens haven't lived together, I would love to build a run where they can raise their families together, though since even some lizards around here could eat the chicks, I'd have to use fairly small wire to keep them safe. How much space do you think I'd need to give them?
Even with very small chickens I would be looking at ten square feet per bird and that includes the chicks which grow at an alarming rate. Anything more than that is good. More important imo is having stuff in the run; plants, logs, crates, anything that can provide cover and entertainment.

Even with very small chickens I would be looking at ten square feet per bird and that includes the chicks which grow at an alarming rate. Anything more than that is good. More important imo is having stuff in the run; plants, logs, crates, anything that can provide cover and entertainment.

BL we got 5 chicks and are not wanting a rooster or chicks. And we are getting the 10'x10' run from TSC for 299. It has a nice gate and we will had welded wire on the top with 1/2 of it covered to keep the feed dry.

I'm late, I'm late - brewed a new pot.

Took one step back today. We woke up early and attended a field trial. 2 male classes, limited entries, limited participants, some mingled - the Princess and I socially distanced. Now, that's difficult for me as I am a hugger, hand shaker. Told everyone, "We're from NJ. We only elbow bump." Ran two dogs who performed to suit me. One did not get used due to a mistake in the run, but the other won his class for his second win. Last trial we attended was back in March. One thing for sure, there is very little traffic on the roads. People in Pa and NJ are behaving.

yes indeed. It got worse; driving home from the shop half the sky was covered with vapour-trail induced high cloud :( The blue skies have been a real delight, and I don't want to go back to permanent high-level haze :tongue
It is a catch 22! If the vapor trails go away then we will be into a second wave of infection

It was very nice having less polution

I'm late, I'm late - brewed a new pot.

Took one step back today. We woke up early and attended a field trial. 2 male classes, limited entries, limited participants, some mingled - the Princess and I socially distanced. Now, that's difficult for me as I am a hugger, hand shaker. Told everyone, "We're from NJ. We only elbow bump." Ran two dogs who performed to suit me. One did not get used due to a mistake in the run, but the other won his class for his second win. Last trial we attended was back in March. One thing for sure, there is very little traffic on the roads. People in Pa and NJ are behaving.
That's awesome he won! Glad to hear the club is back open, even if it's limited.

Back
Top Bottom