BYC Café

I hope she shows up with chicks .. this is my clematis it bloomed
009.jpg

Good morning, Cafe. Coffee and hot water are ready.
Last day of work. I'm actually disappointed because I won't be able to get done everything I wanted to before my work week was over.
I keep getting contacted about Captain. Lots of people still want him. I've been shamelessly plugging Fabio's boys for rehoming and giving the people pictures of Big Daddy to promote his kids. I now have three people who are interested in seeing how they come out who might want one.

No, She didn't come back in at chicken check. They all are in the barn/coop, but her. :hit :fl
Do you have a rooster so she could be sitting on fertile eggs in the bushes somewhere? The one time I had a broody outside the barn and fenced area (I was letting them out during the day) I figured she was gone but saw her a couple of days later dustbathing. BUT she didn't come to the barn that evening. We "found" her at 3 AM when she was screaming. A coon had found her and ran up the nearby tree when we ran out. Her nest was in the bushes right near the little barn which is maybe 20' behind the house and the nest not more than 40' yet we had no idea it was there.

I don't know how far your birds go from buildings, I've never seen mine more than 100' from one. Might be worth a thorough look through all the bushes and other potential spots.

Back
Top Bottom