BYC Café

Not to worry. There will be another I'm sure.:p
I'm sure too. I just thought it would be nice to add some new genetics into the flock. Those Double Silver Laced Barnevelders were very pretty! Maybe I can talk her out of another few when my next girl goes broody. I'm rooting for Astrid.

When the lot here come across a snake they stand around it and make erping noises.:confused:
When my lot comes across a snake they grab it and run and the game of keep away is ON.

The turtles throw them for a loop because there's nothing much they can do about them.

It's egg laying season for the turtles and they like to dig their nests all over my yard. They wander into the pen a lot. I was doing some pruning in the pen when I heard a commotion and saw a group of hens leaning forward all staring at the turtle. I missed that picture.

The turtle went through the chicken bush on it's way out and set the girls that were under there off in the same way.

The snapping turtles are much more interesting when they show up.

I'm sure too. I just thought it would be nice to add some new genetics into the flock. Those Double Silver Laced Barnevelders were very pretty! Maybe I can talk her out of another few when my next girl goes broody. I'm rooting for Astrid.
I think they are lovely looking and the couple of people I know who keep them have good things to say about them.

When my lot comes across a snake they grab it and run and the game of keep away is ON.

The turtles throw them for a loop because there's nothing much they can do about them.

It's egg laying season for the turtles and they like to dig their nests all over my yard. They wander into the pen a lot. I was doing some pruning in the pen when I heard a commotion and saw a group of hens leaning forward all staring at the turtle. I missed that picture.

The turtle went through the chicken bush on it's way out and set the girls that were under there off in the same way.

The snapping turtles are much more interesting when they show up.
We do not have turtles here and I have never seen a snake in Woodland.

They are out in the country though

Okay have a friend out here that raises the Silver Laced Barnevelders may have to venture to facebook get her to supply me eggs.
I weed eated part more of the chicken yard they followed quite close all the bugs to be had huh
We only have gartner snakes and the game is keep away major most stya far from chickens here

That rotten brat!!
I went out to collect eggs and WHO do I find in nest box #5 shrieking and growling away at me??!!

I put her back down in the ward and tossed a towel over part of the hardware cloth walls and lid to give it more privacy the way I had it for Kerrie. Maybe she'll settle in on the nest and I'll get those eggs under her tomorrow after all. They will be 5 days old at that point. :fl

Back
Top Bottom