BYC Café

I made some fresh coffee. Hot water with all the fixings for tea.
i put some biscuts with bacon and sausage and eggs out for all. Help yourself.
it stormed hard last night. We are supposed to get rain for days from the tropical storm moving our way. Hot and humid as heck!
Sounds good, I am always hungry. How are you today, Chicka?

WTH?! :he
2CAA8E144C7F_1591468729353.png

No broody on the nest and the kids are farting around in there unattended.
She is SO fired from broody duty...

Good morning, Cafe. Coffee is brewed and water is hot.
We are expecting thunderstorms here today.

I never made it up to dad's yesterday because I passed out on the couch in the afternoon. I still did a lot of things here but that isn't getting that house done. Today will be a different story.
I hope you did a lot there!

I made some fresh coffee. Hot water with all the fixings for tea.
i put some biscuts with bacon and sausage and eggs out for all. Help yourself.
it stormed hard last night. We are supposed to get rain for days from the tropical storm moving our way. Hot and humid as heck!
I have fresh pot brewing here too!

I made cinnamon apple coffee cake today. It is very tasty!

Good afternoon Cafe.
Thanks for the coffee DL and chickadoodles.
Sunny and warm here.
Flat out busy and just to add to the load, Cillin and Treacle have been fighting on and off all morning. I've got blood and snot on the floor, the hens are bored of it and thankfully now they are both under the same bush cooling off.
I've got two hens missing on nests somewhere. I can usually hear where they are form their roosters calls but the main house has guests :rolleyes: and they haven't stopped talking all morning and that is all I can hear.
Still trying to sort Moons vent out. She has piles and around her vent is covered in shit which has dried and gone hard. I've got most of it off (she sitting on a clutch but not for much longer) and isn't keen on the vent inspections.
Hinge was egg bound this morning. Something interrupted her laying and she held on to the egg and she's dried out. The egg is out now with some help.
We've had some wild boar partying up at the water tank. The tank of course is fine but they dug out the pipe that feeds the houses and while if isn't broken it is in the sunlight and all our water is hot water at the moment.:he
Add to this the usual gardening stuff, the sheep and donkeys and trying to get a couple of lamps finished this weekend.
I wonder what they have been eating to mess up their vents...unless they have round worms?

WTH?! :he
View attachment 2179956
No broody on the nest and the kids are farting around in there unattended.
She is SO fired from broody duty...
Mel did that once. She sat, not very well, for two whole weeks. On day 15 she got off her nest and went up to the sheep shed to see the tribe. She was up there a good two hours. She did come back, and sat again for another 24 hours then decided it was a lot more fun out and about with the others and didn't come back.:he

I wonder what they have been eating to mess up their vents...unless they have round worms?
It's just the one hen and she's been sitting for three days then decided to lay an egg. The egg got stuck, or she didn't shift it before the mucus had dried out. It was straining to get the egg out, which we did between us that gave her a hemorrhoid. We've got it all mostly sorted now.
They were all wormed a couple of weeks ago. While that doesn't mean she hasn't got worms now, there are no other signs of worms.

It's just the one hen and she's been sitting for three days then decided to lay an egg. The egg got stuck, or she didn't shift it before the mucus had dried out. It was straining to get the egg out, which we did between us that gave her a hemorrhoid. We've got it all mostly sorted now.
They were all wormed a couple of weeks ago. While that doesn't mean she hasn't got worms now, there are no other signs of worms.
Silly girl!

She should stop laying eggs when broody

Back
Top Bottom