BYC Café

that's fantastic! Quite a slope you've got there, and neighbours! I love the simplicity of the design, and the fitting out.
Did I miss that post, or had I not yet joined the Cafe then (or am just losing my memory even worse than I thought I was)?

:gig I imagine you've got quite an outlook there
You're losing your marbles!:p
I don't think you had joined the Cafe when I posted it. ;) The project was originally posted in 'What Is Your Hobby' which was a competition on BYC I won a place in for something else I do.

Of course, I would have decorated it differently... you're such a man!
That he is! You have a problem with that Tonya? ;)

Would be easy to change out if part wasn't 70's era from Montgomery Wards.
Doubt any lube will help.
Hey if it is from the 70's it is likely repairable! Held together with screws and bolts, parts made of METAL!

Lube can't hurt! If you can get it down into the bearings.

Sometimes it takes new eyes on a problem
Sure does! MANY YEARS ago, mom was visiting from Calif in the summer. We always put things that didn't go down the disposal or into the outdoor composter in plastic bags in the trash. But they got a bit stinky in the 3-4 weeks between runs to the dump. Of course we never had this problem during the 4 months of the year that it rarely goes above freezing, just left them in the garage then.

Mom suggested putting them in the freezer in the interim.
DOH!!!!! Yeah that does seem a bit OBVIOUS.

This is a wine glass I did yesterday.
Very nice!

Pretty cool!
Always wanted to play with this.
Stencils and acid or mechanical grinding?
You stole my question! OK, didn't steal, just asked it first. Now I don't have to wait for an answer. :D

Did I miss that post, or had I not yet joined the Cafe then (or am just losing my memory even worse than I thought I was)?
Definitely the latter ;)
More likely the former. I don't thing one could read through that post and not remember it.

Not exactly your cookie cutter raised ranch house. You probably don't have those in Wales. They are pretty common in places here. Not my favorite design. "basement" walls just far enough to go below frost level. You come in the house in the middle, both horizontally and vertically. Inside the door is a landing, half a flight up to the kitchen, living, dining, bath and bedrooms. Half a flight down to the basement level which is only half underground so fair sized windows looking out at the ground. The lower level usually houses storage, the washer and dryer and often a bedroom or two.

That post is my favorite post on the site.
I love rereading it and looking at the build pictures.
Of course, I would have decorated it differently... you're such a man!
Why do I think that may not be quite the compliment it might seem to the unwary.:p
That's what it says in my ID box at the side 'Roosterist'!!!:wee
:lau

In from the field and brewed a fresh pot. :caf
Thanks, Sour. I'm going to ice mine down.
I'm getting there!!
IMG_20200704_115316446.jpg
IMG_20200704_120531650.jpg
15938791941503888901216811772192.jpg

Back
Top Bottom