BYC Café

Brewed an afternoon pot - was suffering caffeine withdrawal. We started home this morning, and I had no coffee as that would institute a need for many bathroom breaks. Oh, the joy of aging body parts. :old Had a great trip. Folks were universally masked and social distancing. Eating at a restaurant- even outside caused a bit of nervousness, but was enjoyable after four months of not doing so.

I see it the grocery stores and dollar store and feed mill and......just about everywhere,
except for TSC. They have a large stand up sign outside the from door with a bold graphic of a masked face and the text "Masks Required" all in black and white.
Can't miss it.
Other places have printout of the mandates stuck to the doors, but I doubt many read them.
As I was waiting to check out at Lowe's this afternoon the man in front of me had no mask. I turned around and ten feet behind me was one of those huge signs reading 'New York state law mandates you must wear a face mask'. Once he left I asked the cashier, Who's policing this? She had no answer for me.

For a change of pace, I decided to do all of the plumbing work at the same time. I cut off every single one of the shut-off valves that was corroded in place and if you tried to shut it off it would just leak water.

I used SharkBite adapters to transition to the PEX plumbing. All of them are accessible without being enclosed in a wall. I turned on the water veeeeeery slowly and bled the lines out through the kitchen sink. Then I went into the bathroom to check on those valves and that's when I noticed I forgot to shut off the washing machine cold water valve and the water was spewing out behind the access panel. Oops. :D

Back
Top Bottom