BYC Café

As I was waiting to check out at Lowe's this afternoon the man in front of me had no mask. I turned around and ten feet behind me was one of those huge signs reading 'New York state law mandates you must wear a face mask'. Once he left I asked the cashier, Who's policing this? She had no answer for me.
When I get pissed at the store,
I think how could the store keepers enforce the mandate?
Very tough position to be in.
One fatal shooting in MI over it a few weeks ago.
The only other answer I can think of is martial law.

Last edited:
It's the uneducated messes.

Sounds about right.:hmm

The mask-wearing mandates mostly are unenforceable, and a lot of police departments have said that they won't be citing people for non-compliance. Around here, they generally won't say anything (since there is an "out" if you have a medical/psychological issue that makes mask wearing inadvisable). However, if someone does make it an issue, the store owner/manager can ask you to leave. If you refuse, you can be arrested for trespassing.

Last edited:
My broody drama is starting to come under control.
I broke Una with 2 nights and a day in the crate. I was going to leave her in there to stew another day but Kerrie, the one who hatched and raised the now 10 week old chicks, was relentless so she spent the day in the crate and I'll likely not try her out of it until Saturday. Una was out foraging with the flock when I got home from work... both times!

That leaves Astrid and Veronica, who has less than a week before the eggs hatch. I candled last night at day 14 and everyone is rocking and rolling in there. I'm hoping for a hatch on Monday on day 19. Then I'll leave her in the ward for 3 or so days then get Astrid on the nest to graft her. I want to try hatching some of the Double Silver Laced Barnevelder eggs under her.

I think it will help Roni if I get Fabio in there at least once to check on her like he did the last time. He may help her with the chicks if she runs into trouble.

My broody drama is starting to come under control.
I broke Una with 2 nights and a day in the crate. I was going to leave her in there to stew another day but Kerrie, the one who hatched and raised the now 10 week old chicks, was relentless so she spent the day in the crate and I'll likely not try her out of it until Saturday. Una was out foraging with the flock when I got home from work... both times!

That leaves Astrid and Veronica, who has less than a week before the eggs hatch. I candled last night at day 14 and everyone is rocking and rolling in there. I'm hoping for a hatch on Monday on day 19. Then I'll leave her in the ward for 3 or so days then get Astrid on the nest to graft her. I want to try hatching some of the Double Silver Laced Barnevelder eggs under her.

I think it will help Roni if I get Fabio in there at least once to check on her like he did the last time. He may help her with the chicks if she runs into trouble.
It does sound calmer in broody land!

Gotta love tropical downpours.
20200709_190629.jpg

Back
Top Bottom