BYC Café

Just got in from my evening rounds and it's quite pleasant out there. 76F, very slightly damp now after yet more storms this afternoon and a cool breeze blowing up the valley.
Had a trip into proper town rather than the local village today. There are lots of rather well made masks for sale, washable hepa type filters inside soft cotton cloth. Much more comfortable than the medical issue masks. Comfort is an important consideration now that masks a compulsory here. I stopped at one shop where they were selling burka style masks with filters in, that hang down past the chin. These are even more comfortable, and they might end up as my mask of choice. I find the medical style masks hard to breath in when it's hot!
While food stocks seem decent in most places and the fruit and veg markets are back on the streets there are some shortages I wasn't expecting to find in the hardware stores. I get through a lot of sandpaper making lamps and stuff and I've found a German brand that outlasts and outperforms all else I've tried; no stock of that to be found.:( Can't get it atm apparently. Also looked for a new diamond sharpener for my chisels; can't find these either.
I've made my own wax polish for a while now with beeswax from the bees here and linseed oil. Can't find linseed oil.:confused:
I did get to sit at a Cafe and have a coffee though, something I haven't done for months.
There is even talk of restarting the chicken club here which I have missed. It's about my only regular social engagement.

Last edited:
I've got 3 Millie eggs under Roni! :love The other 3 are Gold Sebright.
Love those sebrights! I have a black chick with unfeathered legs that is tiny. Only thing I can think it might be is a Serama, not sure how long I have had them. Maybe 3 weeks? So it could be.

Last edited:
Chicks seem to hatch a lot at your place!
I think she enables that phenomena ;)

Shad, I have to give your post a :D and a :(
Sorry you can't get the "tools" you need for your sculptures/lamps. I just flipped the blades on my (shh don't tell Shad) bench planer. Sure makes a difference having sharp tools.

Back
Top Bottom