BYC Café

Pretty warm here today, 32C with 47% humidity. Apparently it's going to crank up a bit more until Sunday when storms are forecast.
Looking for a way to fit some body armour to this chap. Need to get the air to it so the scales harden up.
View attachment 2279258
That looks painful. Are they still going at each other?

The Junior Contingent 13wo.
Dinners need to go soon.
Sister's gonna be lonely.
Never had this scenario before, could be bad news.
1596748448279.png

I found a large bag of unused stuffed animals dumped at the Field Day grounds this morning. They are cleaning out the main building.
I took a medium sized stuffy and 6 small ones.
I gave 3 of the small ones to the lone black kitten. One by one they disappeared under the deck! I could hear the kitten thumping around under there playing with them.
I also got it to play with one that I was holding.
I met the neighbors today. They wanted to tell me about this kitten they saw on the property. Yep. I know all about the kitten. I told them the history on all of them. They are now discussing adopting the kitten. I gave them permission to come over and start working with it and if they want to feed it a mid-day meal they can.
IMG_20200806_132558451_HDR.jpg

You can't keep one with her until she integrates?
Have thought about that, would rather slaughter all the males at once, but maybe.
Had this same broody hatch ratio before, but there was a younger batch of chicks the Sister joined. Don't want her to be alone, but also don't need her constantly harassed by a cockerel. DecisionsDecisions.

There is a blue shell and membrane under her. .....
If the chick dies, will she remove it from the nest?
Was the damaged egg blue?
She might, she might not, maybe take a good look under that tonight after dark.
Pull out any empty shells....and the egg/chick if it's dead.

What happened there?
Father Cillin (In the pic) and son Treacle fighting. I don't think the damage was from Treacle. I think in the heat of the fight Cillin smashed his leg against something. Whatever it was, it broke the end of his spur off. Really annoying. The fighting is bad enough but this type of injury needs attending to every day; cleaning, bandage change and now I have to come up with a way to protect the area while things harden off.:he

Back
Top Bottom