BYC Café

:ya I got the toilet and vanity installed today!! :wee
Tomorrow the goal is to remove an unused branch of the natural gas line and turn the gas back on for heat and hot water. Then remove the rest of the siding the gas line was covering, get the cruddy old sliding glass door out and wrap and seal the rear of the house.

Tomorrow the goal is to remove an unused branch of the natural gas line and turn the gas back on for heat and hot water. Then remove the rest of the siding the gas line was covering, get the cruddy old sliding glass door out and wrap and seal the rear of the house.
Show us your results, please! You got me hooked!

WooHoo!
Tickticktickticktick Tuesday's coming fast...
....hope you don't have to get an occupancy permit for mom to move in(thinking about the missing patio door covered with wrap).

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.
It rained here last night. I've got to button up the exterior of mom's house before it rains again. And go check on the roof at dad's house. I haven't yet tacked down the shingles along the step flashing at the junction to the second story section. I mentioned it to the guys who were working on the third story section but you just never know what they did or didn't do.
And I also discovered that the guy that removed the old slab and dug out the footer along the front ripped out the electric line to the lamp post in the yard. The switch end is embedded in the brick facing and I'd have to tear open a hole in the wall to run a new line before the concrete pour. I told the buyer that under normal circumstances, I'd just remove the post and detach the switch feed line. Instead, I'm going to bring some scrap shrink tubing, solder sleeves and epoxy sealant home from work and patch the line. It's against code but it'll hold up I have no doubt. If it's good enough to go into a tank that will be exposed to water, it should be good enough to survive under a concrete slab.

WooHoo!
Tickticktickticktick Tuesday's coming fast...
....hope you don't have to get an occupancy permit for mom to move in(thinking about the missing patio door covered with wrap).
I'll make it, no problem! And the door will be installed but the siding won't be up yet. But as long as the wrap is on and sealed, it is weather proof for 30 days per the manufacturer.
No occupancy permit will be required. One would have had to have pulled a building permit for that. ;)

Better fill up before getting to work. Help yourself!
coffeePot.jpg

pastries.jpg

Good morning, Cafe' - have a successful day, Tonya.
Thank you, George.
The back is much better today and I got some help yesterday. My brother-in-law did an amazing job removing more garbage from the property and cleaning up the carport. He even thoroughly swept out DHs truck! He and my sister are moving mom's bedroom in today then cleaning up in my wake and helping with the work item list. I couldn't have made the deadline without their help.

The back is much better today and I got some help yesterday. My brother-in-law did an amazing job removing more garbage from the property and cleaning up the carport. He even thoroughly swept out DHs truck! He and my sister are moving mom's bedroom in today then cleaning up in my wake and helping with the work item list. I couldn't have made the deadline without their help.
Excellent!!
This is the sister that previously was all talk no walk?

Back
Top Bottom