BYC Café

Bit of color here too, mostly on stressed trees.
I want to hug a dog!!
Have you considered getting a smaller poodle? One that you can carry if you need to and could keep you company?
I just can't picture my life without a dog in it. And now chickens!

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.
It rained here last night. I've got to button up the exterior of mom's house before it rains again. And go check on the roof at dad's house. I haven't yet tacked down the shingles along the step flashing at the junction to the second story section. I mentioned it to the guys who were working on the third story section but you just never know what they did or didn't do.
And I also discovered that the guy that removed the old slab and dug out the footer along the front ripped out the electric line to the lamp post in the yard. The switch end is embedded in the brick facing and I'd have to tear open a hole in the wall to run a new line before the concrete pour. I told the buyer that under normal circumstances, I'd just remove the post and detach the switch feed line. Instead, I'm going to bring some scrap shrink tubing, solder sleeves and epoxy sealant home from work and patch the line. It's against code but it'll hold up I have no doubt. If it's good enough to go into a tank that will be exposed to water, it should be good enough to survive under a concrete slab.
Wonderfull stuff that heat shrink. You've probably got the stuff with adhesive/sealant already in the heat shrink tube. I've used that here to join cables before. Not had one leak yet.

Good evening Cafe.
I've made some tea if anyone is interested. There are also some merengues filled with fig chutny. Honestly, they are a real taste bud treat.
Such a lovely surprise when I went to the village this morning. I bumped into a friend who I hadn't seen for a couple of years. She painted one of the pictures I have on my wall.
It's very easy not to recognise people with all this mask business I'm finding. I almost walked right passed her.
Autumn has arrived here. We don't get the lovely autumn colours because the oaks here are ever green so the ridges stay green all year. But, 12C is not a summer temperature.

Have you considered getting a smaller poodle? One that you can carry if you need to and could keep you company?
I have, in fact was looking at miniatures online just yesterday.
It's all the training, vetting, fencing yards, etc that I can't face.
Plus would a dog help lift my depression.... or just depress the dog :gig
Doesn't seem fair to the dog.

I just can't picture my life without a dog in it.
I've always said that..... for 23 years, but now it's here.....Pros and Cons for sure.

Back
Top Bottom