BYC Café

Ugh, ugh, UGH!!!
One of the flange bolts popped out of the slot! I think the ABS flexed. I need to take the toilet off again and find out what's going on.
I cut out the gas line and my BIL remove it from the walls. But now I can't fire the water heater or furnace! Gah! (Yes, I reopened the meter valve...)
I'm calling in a plumber tomorrow to come go over the furnace anyway. I'll let them fix it...
It was chaotic here with mom's bedroom contents being moved in.
I put the shower curtain up that was here when we bought the place.
View attachment 2351263
Wow, that does look amazing, though. Sorry to hear you're having troubles.

How come the outlet is like that? I've only seen them placed "upside down" when they are 220v.

Good morning, Cafe. Made an afternoon pot if anyone is in need.

My husband and I got a 5 gallon bucket of apples picked yesterday, with another 5 (or 2) to go. That tree is loaded. I imagine it will take a short break next year. I made four jars of apple jelly and now I'm out of lids...Apparently, these are big on the prepper list at the moment :rolleyes:

I'll have to wait till next week when I get some more quart jars to can some apple juice. Should be fun, though!

Now, if I could only figure out what the hell to do with the pears. I can't seem to get them to ripen and not rotten. Off to do some reading.

Take care all.

Wow, that does look amazing, though. Sorry to hear you're having troubles.

How come the outlet is like that? I've only seen them placed "upside down" when they are 220v.
I always place the ground prong hole up so it will pop the circuit if it gets wet.

I don't like those 'surprised face' receptacles staring at me all day either...

I got the water heater and the furnace to fire. I had $129 plus tax in motivation to get it done!

That stupid flange bolt popped out again. It HAS to be in the slot insertion orientation to do that (but it still shouldn't pop out when tightened). But I'm going to just clean the bolt and mark the sides that line up with the wide part of the bolt head so I know when its situated in the flange slot correctly before I tighten it down again. Then just make is snug, shim, caulk and walk away...

I always place the ground prong hole up so it will pop the circuit if it gets wet.

I don't like those 'surprised face' receptacles staring at me all day either...

I got the water heater and the furnace to fire. I had $129 plus tax in motivation to get it done!

That stupid flange bolt popped out again. It HAS to be in the slot insertion orientation to do that (but it still shouldn't pop out when tightened). But I'm going to just clean the bolt and mark the sides that line up with the wide part of the bolt head so I know when its situated in the flange slot correctly before I tighten it down again. Then just make is snug, shim, caulk and walk away...
That's too funny. They really do look like a surprised face :lau

That toilet is a pain in the arse.

evening all :frow

When I went to shut up the chickens I found Brecon missing. Just over 10 weeks old, and normally close by the broody and sibling, they were on the roost and s/he was nowhere to be seen.... I do hope s/he is not going to be another tree hugger. And that s/he is absent by choice. Apparently foxes are still around; the neighbor lost another bird a couple of weeks back, and the hunter saw one in the field next to our house, but I think there would have been some commotion if it was that... :fl

When I went to shut up the chickens I found Brecon missing. Just over 10 weeks old, and normally close by the broody and sibling, they were on the roost and s/he was nowhere to be seen.... I do hope s/he is not going to be another tree hugger. And that s/he is absent by choice. Apparently foxes are still around; the neighbor lost another bird a couple of weeks back, and the hunter saw one in the field next to our house, but I think there would have been some commotion if it was that... :fl
I hope she's up a tree somewhere.

Fingers and toes crossed with ya, Perris! :fl

Back
Top Bottom