BYC Café

I lost Goofy girl tonight. She was fine when I went in to lay down around 10.. heard a ruckus in the brooder room so I went to see what was up, and there she was on her back, eyes open, but not moving... Last pic from yesterday's outting in the yard.
20201005_131257.jpg

I lost Goofy girl tonight. She was fine when I went in to lay down around 10.. heard a ruckus in the brooder room so I went to see what was up, and there she was on her back, eyes open, but not moving... Last pic from yesterday's outting in the yard.
View attachment 2381227
so sorry :hugs Do you have any idea what might have been the cause?

I'm really not sure at this point. She was roosting on her block of 4 x 4 when I went to bed.. I wonder if chickens have strokes? She was only 10 weeks old.

I am sorry you lost her sometimes just cannot be helped

Went out looking for eggs right saw what I though was one old hen I have that sits in box allot .. started to evict off the eggs and it was one of my sexlinks silly girl they are not fertile .. got a much better photo of Pugsly have to share View attachment 2380934
I was already wondering who or what Pugsly is. Now I finally know: a Cutie :love

I lost Goofy girl tonight.
So sorry. :hugs

I know.... Still make me sad.. If it was mereks then I wonder why all of the other 10 brooder mates are strong and healthy. But, from what I can find on the internet, the wing fluttering just before death would indicate a heart attack.
Some breeds and even witihn the same breed some individuals are more susceptible than others. If you want to find out for the sake of your other chicks you could send her in for necropsy.

Back
Top Bottom