BYC Café

where we live the nearest big shops are actually in a different county of Wales, and with lockdown we're not supposed to cross county borders. The police force there set up a roadblock the other day and got quite a haul. It turns out that " According to the latest figures, Dyfed-Powys Police ... is 87 times more likely to hand out coronavirus fines than any other police force in the UK. " I'm guessing this is partly because there is relatively little other crime for them to worry about, but I'm really glad I didn't go shopping that way last week!

where we live the nearest big shops are actually in a different county of Wales, and with lockdown we're not supposed to cross county borders. The police force there set up a roadblock the other day and got quite a haul. It turns out that " According to the latest figures, Dyfed-Powys Police ... is 87 times more likely to hand out coronavirus fines than any other police force in the UK. " I'm guessing this is partly because there is relatively little other crime for them to worry about, but I'm really glad I didn't go shopping that way last week!
It is amazing to read about the different ways things are done with covid-19!

We are not at that point here. Masks are still not required nation wide. They are required here locally though

It is amazing to read about the different ways things are done with covid-19!
Indeed. It's politics, more or less tempered by what the politicians understand, or don't, of the scientific and medical advice they're getting. Our lot are trying their best, I'm sure, but they're facing a revolt over the decision to ask supermarkets not to sell non-essential items (in an attempt to be fair to stores that just sell non-essential items and have had to shut). Customers have been filmed pulling off the covers put over such non-essential items, and one guy's idea of an effective protest was to go food shopping in his underpants... :th

Which is a damnshame.
it's left up to business owners to enforce or not

Some States do not have a mask requirement-- I think South Dakota is one. In those States some of the Cities have a mask rule but others do not.

The US is a mess sadly. History will look poorly on this in the future

Back
Top Bottom