BYC Café

I turn the light on in the run first. It takes a few minutes to spread the feed around in there then go into the coop. So they are exposed to indirect light from the run first then I turn on the coop lights. No one startled.
I did see that the lights were for working with them early in the darkness and not for egg production. I do not do that anymore but when I did, I added the light on a timer in the evening.

With light for production, a low lumen light will work fine.

Just realized I'll need to make more bread soon,
can't imagine doing it in my toaster oven,
not sure one loaf would fit let alone two.

My microwave is ~35 years old.
My Dad bought it for me, top of the line, in the mid 80's.
Still seems to work fine.

Loving the sunny day, makes me do more stuff in the kitchen, the only room the sun really shines into for most the day.
I have a large convection toaster oven. I can put a 9x13inch pan in it. I does not heat up the house much in the summer so I use it a lot then.

Loaf bread works well in it but I still cook the dutch oven french bread in the big oven

It's one of those days here, too, and either my thermostat is broken or I am just getting old as I can't keep warm.
We(I at least) are spoiled from the warm fall.......are just not used to the cold yet.
When I am cold in the house, instead of cranking up the furnace I go outside for maybe 10 minutes, then the house feels nice and warm. :gig

Back
Top Bottom