BYC Café

She's pretty good but is getting wise to me when I'm out to catch her. But she's being a good sport about it! Most of them will tolerate a lot for a chance at some raisins.

I had another mild panic tonight at lock up and head count. The ALL important head count...
Tonk was missing. One of my Gold Sebright pullets. As I've mentioned I've not allowed the flock out of their enclosure since the blizzard. I couldn't find her anywhere in the coop or run. As I called her from inside the run I thought I could hear scrabbling outside the coop. I found her close to the same spot I found Sarge last winter; on top of the run roof under the coop roof overhang. It was a bear getting her down with the snow banks so close to the walls.
The little dink must have snuck out when I was getting Seneca for her treatment.
Oh no! Ol' Donk's a little sneakier than her name implies :gigGlad you found her and were able to get her back in.

thanks for the tip - I'll try that next time one of mine needs unsolicited attention :D
I hand feed about 1/8 cup of raisins to the flock every morning after I clean the boards. They all know my routine and many will fly up onto the boards to be in better position for their share of raisins.
This has helped greatly to teach them I'm not going to hurt them and my hands offer good things.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

Today will be a big clean out day and I'm showing the new owner how to shock the well and sanitize the plumbing at Dad's house. A lot of work was done on the lines and I don't know the last time the well was shocked.
I have to refund him for the last of the items he paid for and we're ready to close.

Back
Top Bottom