BYC Café

good morning Cafe. Thanks for the coffee Tonya.
The system says I don't have permission to view the attachments :(
I've seen all the posts about the problems with uploading pictures but was not having that problem... until just now!
IMG_20190506_160021423_HDR.jpg
momma and baby-2.jpg

I've sold Mommy Dearest (Veronica) and Kerrie, the perpetual broody. A woman in the next town over is picking them up tomorrow night. I'm also thinking about selling Tate, my little Mille Fleur d'Uccle cockerel. He and Napoleon scrap quite a lot and there are only three little girls for them two of them, not that they don't continue to try their moves out on the big girls. Maybe I'll ask the woman who is buying Roni and Kerrie if she wants him.

I want my flock smaller. With all the issues I've been having, I'm having a hard time managing them properly.

It keeps doing it! Head normal for a sec then straight back, and keeps ending up on its back :hmm This is the one that was stuck to the shell. I'm guessing that's what it is and I do have vitamin E, but I'm just not sure :confused:
To me this chick seems to be stuck in the movement to burst the shell open. So they repeatedly push with their head as if there still was she shell to push. Only ever seen with 'helped' chicks.

I've sold Mommy Dearest (Veronica) and Kerrie, the perpetual broody. A woman in the next town over is picking them up tomorrow night. I'm also thinking about selling Tate, my little Mille Fleur d'Uccle cockerel. He and Napoleon scrap quite a lot and there are only three little girls for them two of them, not that they don't continue to try their moves out on the big girls. Maybe I'll ask the woman who is buying Roni and Kerrie if she wants him.

I want my flock smaller. With all the issues I've been having, I'm having a hard time managing them properly.
Although it is sad to say good bye, sometimes the relief that follows is worth it.

With some situations in life the care they need just can get overwhelming, as one does feel not able to do them justice any longer.

I can relate and reduced my breeding stock accordingly from well over 130 to actually 37 and still have to downsize some more.

Although it is sad to say good bye, sometimes the relief that follows is worth it.

With some situations in life the care they need just can get overwhelming, as one does feel not able to do them justice any longer.

I can relate and reduced my breeding stock accordingly from well over 130 to actually 37 and still have to downsize some more.
I can't fathom trying to care for 130 birds! Tomorrow I'll be down to 25 (maybe 24) from 30. I've just never had so much subtraction due to death before. It's all getting emotionally overwhelming.

I know most promote this and all vaccines. Hoping not to step on any toes but I've never wanted the flu vac and I am almost certain that my son's relapse was associated with his 1 yr shots. I didn't know it was a 9 in 1 like the new dog vaccines. I believe in letting kids get the measels or chicken pox. He went from talking at 10-11 months to started back at 25-28 mths. Not to say that it is common BUT it does happen and talking to Dr's to check autism etc... they said they can't suggest it to someone who doesn't blame the vac's but find it often related. I still can't understand him at 3 & 1/2. Yea I got a late start on kidding.lol
I am not against vaccines at all, but where at first there was a real need, the pharmaceutical industry seems to be looking to create needs (against their own better judgement) that in reality do not exist to amplify their turnover and stream of profits, while at the same time creating new customers/patients due to the side effects of their products, the same as the cholesterol-lowering drugs etc.

And they still strongly promote useless booster vaccinations, where current research has proven them to be non effective at best or even harmful causing autoimmune disorders, as the overly triggered immune system does not know how to otherwise deal with it.

I also consider quadruple or even quintuple vaccinations for infants at such a young age not only useless because of the still existing maternal antibodies, but also an unreasonable risk to the future health.

Back
Top Bottom