BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. I have lots to catch up on here; been dashing in and out for a week as we have been taking advantage of the weather to bring down a 20-yr neglected hedge in the paddock. There's still loads more to do before nesting season gets going, so it will be a little longer before I have time to work my way through all the missed posts.

Still thinking about your 'mutts' Tonya - I wish my crosses were that pretty. That Fabio's got some good genes in him! OK, back to resuscitate the bonfire for another day's clearance. 🔥 See y'all later.
:frow

Just messaged with the breeder I will be getting chicks from.
Looks like they will hit the end of March, or before, that I wanted.
Better get the brooder area decluttered and set it up.

Think I've got one of my left over concrete leaves sold, will help pay for the chicks.
They want it for a bird bath so I had to test it, 1" water depth is good for them.
:fl Hope it goes thru!
1614966156948.png

Think I've got one of my left over concrete leaves sold, will help pay for the chicks.
They want it for a bird bath so I had to test it, 1" water depth is good for them.
View attachment 2556025
Do you have more of the concrete leaves?

Good news on the chick delivery

View attachment 2556025
Did you make that, Aart? It's beautiful.

Speaking of getting chicks from breeders... Does anyone know of a breeder of Blue Australorps? I have found one close enough to drive to (Chick Depot in Gladwin, MI), but she won't have them until June. All the hatcheries I've found that have them, I'd have to get 15 or 25. There is one, Ideal, that I could get just 8 in May, but I have room at most for 4 or 5.

Been Googling up a storm. But maybe someone knows someone who knows someone...

Speaking of getting chicks from breeders... Does anyone know of a breeder of Blue Australorps? I have found one close enough to drive to (Chick Depot in Gladwin, MI), but she won't have them until June. All the hatcheries I've found that have them, I'd have to get 15 or 25. There is one, Ideal, that I could get just 8 in May, but I have room at most for 4 or 5.

Been Googling up a storm. But maybe someone knows someone who knows someone...
Hupp farms used to sell them. You might be able to find someone that has his line.

Works great for typical 10oz cans, not so much for the 28oz(too close to wall).
Block on left folds bottom of can, then flattens further up near hinge.
Whole thing is 16" long, pretty good leverage.
View attachment 2555886
Heck of a idea there
Morning Cafe or afternoon to those easterners

Maggie Mae is a great hunter and catcher of blowing leaves - she's quick. I walk her on a flexi because I have to get the invisible fence checked out and activated before training her to it. So I am walking her today and she is catching blowing leaves when she takes off after a big one. She hits the end of the flexi, it rips out of my hand, retracts and whacks her in the head. She screams, takes off with the flexi bouncing along 'chasing' her. Thank goodness for her basic commands. When I control my laughter I yell, "Maggie, come." and she responds. The Princess was watching through the living room window and chastised me for laughing - but it really was hysterical.

Back
Top Bottom