BYC Café

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the coffee, LF.

That's a brave robin! We have one that nests under the wood shed roof every year. She's got her nest all jazzed up for this season but I haven't seen her in it.

The junco pair that was persistently trying to put their nest in the run last year are back. The decided the fern they nested in last year under the coop roof overhang will due nicely again this year. Except the fern is brown and dead and will be ripped out to pot the new fern in about a month! I won't be able to do that if they have a nest started. I may have to get another hanging basket for my second fern and move them to a different spot under the roof overhang.

Morning and thanks for the coffee! We are heading off to enjoy the sunshine and hack down a couple of dead walnut trees. We have a week of near-freezing day and below freezing temps at night coming in so I guess there won't be a lot of stuff going on outside, up here anyway. The lakes opened up this week and the geese and eagles have been checking them out. I surveyed the damage from the winder winds on the lower garden shed... we need a new shed... that's all I got to say about it... LOL!
Another pot brewed! Have a good one!

Good morning Cafe. Did a half day of working cattle yesterday,(that makes 1060 in 3 days) then burned a pasture in the afternoon right before the rain hit. Huge drops on the way home then slowed down enough to unsaddle in dry weather.
Got some funny weather coming and had to start the wood stove last night again. Highs are 75 yesterday 65 Sat 82 Sun 64 Mon.

I have an eye doctor appointment this morning. I intend to ask for a Restasis or Cequa sample for my severe dry eye.
Have you been checked for adequate tear generation? My dry eye developed a few years ago and apparently it isn't due to not enough tears but too quick draining. I get plugs put in my lower ducts twice a year. Of course there is also the many times a day OTC drops and night time gel.

That is poor customer service!
Maybe not, with the whole Covid thing they have to space appointments out so people aren't sitting around and likely don't have much in the way of "squeeze in" time.

Of course that doesn't make things any easier for DL.

Partition Run Awning Done.
Looks great!! I assume you are going to rescue your C clamps before they rust.

Did a half day of working cattle yesterday,(that makes 1060 in 3 days)
What did you 'work' on 1060 animals?

Looks great!! I assume you are going to rescue your C clamps before they rust.
Yeah........................... probably.
I have 7 of those clamps holding down a 'tarp roof' on a metal shed,
only 1 has rusted in 5-6 years.

Was going to take it easy today and rest the sore bones....
....but, got the porch built and ramp back up.
1618070259040.png

I put the last of the compost where the squash hills will be this year. So now it's time to take all the compost stuff from the last 5 months, turn it into the "working" bin, and let it do its thing.

Whhhoooooweeeee, did it stink of ammonia! Coop cleanings don't cold compost very well or very fast. I'll let it sit for 4-5 days, then turn it every day, weather permitting. See if that heats it up.

Back
Top Bottom