BYC Café

Same here...well they will notify me when they are ready to schedule them.
I go in tomorrow for the second moderna shot. The clinic sent me the registration form and I have already filled it out and submitted it online!

I do need to remember to take the shot card with me.

I go in tomorrow for the second moderna shot. The clinic sent me the registration form and I have already filled it out and submitted it online!

Took with us they stamped them gave them back to me..
Not even sore right arm done .. Big Norwegian gal can hit a vein at 20 paces did mine she had to say done to even know

You made me laugh. I was not so daring. :lau
That is not like you at all Sour!

Makes me wonder if somewhere out there a lonesome dishwasher is waiting to be taken inside...
Now we know where Santa gets some of the gifts he gives out at Christmas. You know he can't just hang around the pole the rest of the year!

The appointment for the second shot was made for me automatically.
My second one was made while I did my 15 minute wait after the first one.

And then take it to Staples. At least here they will make a copy of it, reduced in size to wallet and laminate it. Free if you are a Rewards member (which is also free and you can sign up at the same time ;) ). My original was already looking worn when I took it out of my wallet when I got to the site for the second shot. I had folded it to go in my wallet after the first shot and not taken it out in the intervening 3 weeks.

I'm curious about others' experiences with "chicken sitters." My neighbor (the one who got 16 chicks a week ago) will be chicken sitting while we're on vacation in a month. No one, not even my husband, has taken care of the chickens but me. Hubby has gone into the run a few times, but I'm the one who feeds them and cleans the coop.

We'll be gone for a week. All I'm going to ask her to do is: open the pop door, and put out fresh feed and water in the run in the morning. Evening will be take out the food and close the pop door. If it's before sunrise/after sunset, the chickens will be in the coop.

Opinions and suggestions from y'all about any of this:

1) If she gets up later and it's daylight and the chickens are out... I'm thinking the hens will run away, but the rooster may come at her. Incentive to get up early...? I'll tell her to wear jeans.

2) Poop management will be poop boards clean and fresh before I leave, and I'll deal with the poop when I get back. I'll remind her to watch her step in the run.

3) Bio security. She now has week old chicks, but they'll be 5 1/2 weeks old by then. I don't know if they'll still be in her house, or if they'll be outside. I can ask her to change her shoes, and if she says she will, I will trust her to do so. Anything else I should request?

4) Will my chickens remember me...? They aren't lap chickens (though if I didn't have a roo, the girls might be or might be allowed to be friendlier), but they will come up to me for treats, and they talk to me through the fence.

I didn't realize I'd gotten so attached to them. I'm going to miss them while I'm gone.

But I'll get to sleep past dawn...

Sally, I think my only concern would be the rooster. Is he generally aggressive?

We had people down the road come take care of our hens, house cats and aquarium fish while we were gone for a week. We had gone to their house to take care of the 2 alpacas they were going to give to us when they moved to Florida and the 3 goats in exchange.

I find chickens very easy to take care of, only a few minutes in the morning and again in the evening. Are yours laying, if so the eggs should be collected as well.

That is not like you at all Sour!

Now we know where Santa gets some of the gifts he gives out at Christmas. You know he can't just hang around the pole the rest of the year!

My second one was made while I did my 15 minute wait after the first one.

And then take it to Staples. At least here they will make a copy of it, reduced in size to wallet and laminate it. Free if you are a Rewards member (which is also free and you can sign up at the same time ;) ). My original was already looking worn when I took it out of my wallet when I got to the site for the second shot. I had folded it to go in my wallet after the first shot and not taken it out in the intervening 3 weeks.
Our Staples closed down! We do have an Office Max in Davis

Back
Top Bottom