BYC Café

Good morning! Really fighting the urge to take a nap right now. Fighting it with another cup of coffee. Thanks for the fill up!

DH and I both had busy, productive weekends. I got 4 raised beds weeded, and the first coat of white paint on the wood that will be the coop addition. I want to paint the interior side before it's part of the coop, so as not to have paint fumes in there.

I told DH that I want open soffits for the additional ventilation in the coop. :)

It's supposed to be in the upper 20s the next three nights. I'll be coving up the strawberries.

In my weeding frenzy, I worked on some of the grass that is coming in by the garden fence. (It's surrounded by grass, so this is an ongoing fight.) I found some grubs in the soil, boo. Extra snack for the chickens, yay. Now I know to take the bug bucket with me when I go digging around.

Dreary here....rain today might turn to snow as temps drop from near 50.
Freeze watch for Tues and Wed night, down the the mid 20's.

Had a dream or premonition upon waking about spilled chick waterer with soaking/freezing/dead and dying chicks.
Sure enough it was tipped over, but early this morning so was nearly empty anyway.
All the rowdy chicks are fine and not much water on the floor.
Wish it was warmer so I could let them out into their run, later this week.

I want to paint the interior side before it's part of the coop, so as not to have paint fumes in there.
Do you have a build thread going?

Morning! It is a balmy 30F out there this AM. Thanks for the coffee two, too!
Welcome to the Cafe, Jed!
Low of 10F tonight with up to 15 inches of snow or so.
I am heading over to take a neighbor to her rental car in a bit. She is heading SOUTH!
I am not even going to risk the wrestling practice drive tonight with the mutterings of flash freezing roads and 2 inch plus/ hr snowfall stupidity.
I see blue sky out there... Now I am off to find my sense of humor!

Back
Top Bottom