BYC Café

Hows the coop extension coming along?
I got the painting done. The OSB we bought this time sure sucked up the paint! I bought a quart this time, and it took every bit of it for two coats on the 34x88" piece!

I'll get the tar paper on the roof piece today. The metal might wait until after the NC trip. We got off track last weekend with Mara's seizure and diarrhea. I have a tarp over it, so it's fine; just looks a little unfinished.

Today I want to build a poop board! It will be nearly all from leftover pieces/scraps. I do have to cut into one of the remaining 2x4s, unless I can find some other 15" pieces somewhere.

I have yet to see one of the chickens actually go into the new area. Silly chickens!

Good morning, Cafe' another pot of coffee is ready.
Goodness @DobieLover !

You should clone yourself!
I don't think the world is ready.
I am using the stick method on Darl, my roo. It seems to be working better than anything else I've tried.
For me the hatchet method always worked best.

Whenever I type something like that, I think of Shad. Miss him and hope that things are going well for him.

Same here. But I might not be going, I think.

My dog Mara has diarrhea -- again. Yesterday morning, she had a good mostly-solid BM. Then in the afternoon and evening, very runny. Same again this morning. She's still on the chicken/rice/pumpkin; she devours it and it's some good protein for her. But I'm at a loss as to what else to try.

We're running out of time for "two days with normal poop," which is my criteria for her being able to go on a road trip that is about 16 hours long. And to stay in someone else's home.

It's supposed to be dry today. It's sunny, but cold, right now. I have some more string trimming to do, and then, dammit, I'm gonna build something!
Try the Moro carrot soup. Serve 4 x per day always 30 minutes before the meal, so the duodenum will be nicely lined by the time the food passes along : https://www.ency123.com/2015/09/natural-remedy-for-diarrhea-professor.html

For me the hatchet method always worked best.
I have been considering that. DH is very against it. I tried to explain that Darl (the roo) has had a much better, longer life than the vast majority of cockerels hatched in the world, and he would have one bad few moments in his life, then it would be over.

He has no style to him, when it comes to mating. He does tidbit. I don't know what would happen with the flock dynamics between the hens if he were gone.

Might find out if one of the pullets I get next month is a cockerel.

Morning! Thanks for the coffee! We probably have about 7 inches of snow out there. I woke up to sunshine, but then read the forecast for another 5 to 8 this afternoon/ evening... :thI am over it and my shoulders are in mighty fine shape now, thank you! There was also some rather wordy stuff about another storm for next weekend too.
At least we do not have to travel. DS$ did make the State Team last weekend.
You all enjoy your springtime beauty and gardening!
Sally, I hope your dog starts feeling better VERY soon... a sick critter is always worriesome. :hugs
DL, good luck paying attention at work!

When will be take off date?
Saturday morning at 7.
I had the first training session on how to care for the flock with my nephew this morning. Amelia, Alecia, Cayuga and Fabio were the only members that would take raisins from him. I could tell he was scared of Fabio. But then he remarked about how gentle he was when he took the raisins from him. He laughed at Amelia jumping up trying to steal raisins from his hand and again at the look on Morgan's face when Alecia stole a raisin from her.
DS$ did make the State Team last weekend.
Congratulations to DS$!!
DL, good luck paying attention at work!
No kidding!

But the damn thing came off the rim!!
Well in my limited experience, that is the hard part. 3/4 of the job already done!

Sounds like a plan! :yesss:
If ever you succeed, please share how to do it, as I could use a clone or two as well!
If I get a clone I want a DL clone. That would increase my output substantially more than if I had a clone of myself.

I think of Shad. Miss him and hope that things are going well for him.
Me too. Hope we hear something soon.

Same here. But I might not be going, I think.

My dog Mara has diarrhea -- again. Yesterday morning, she had a good mostly-solid BM. Then in the afternoon and evening, very runny. Same again this morning. She's still on the chicken/rice/pumpkin; she devours it and it's some good protein for her. But I'm at a loss as to what else to try.

We're running out of time for "two days with normal poop," which is my criteria for her being able to go on a road trip that is about 16 hours long. And to stay in someone else's home.

It's supposed to be dry today. It's sunny, but cold, right now. I have some more string trimming to do, and then, dammit, I'm gonna build something!
Just curious how much pumpkin you’re giving her & if there’s anything else listed in the ingredients other than pumpkin. Does your vet know she still has diarrhea?

Back
Top Bottom