BYC Café

Good morning, Cafe', and thanks DL.

Oh, Maggie Mae :he Holly, Livvie, Dani - our 'good' deceased golden retrievers are turning over in their graves. These dogs never took anything off the counter. Last night Maggie took and destroyed a plastic vial of Lovastatin that the Princess had put out to remind me to take. I'm not certain how many pills were left or how many she may have ingested as it was the last of a prescription. I did pick 5 pills up from the floor. After a frenzied Google search and a call to our veterinarian it seemed as if toxicity was somewhat limited. After a somewhat sleepless night on my part and many checks on 'The Girl' she is apparently fine this morning. Who thought we should get another dog? :barnie
Bad girl!!
Ben got Fuji tossed in the hospital with IVs and charcoal treatments for a partial bottle of baby aspirin HE knocked off the shelf and ate. While Fuji's treatment was underway I watched Ben's body posture start to change. The vets tossed him on the X-ray table and saw a big gassy pocket moving through his intestines. He got a fast 1L IV flush in the office and was sent home with a second.
Fuji stayed overnight as a precaution.

The calculations on the potential dose of aspirin consumed would have made Fuji very sick, possibly dead and Ben very uncomfortable. Thank goodness he ate most of it. Still... don't steal things that aren't yours.

Counter surfing...tsktsktsk.
Had one dog do it once....it was not a happy encounter(haha), she never did it again.

I was lucky in that none of my dogs ever ate anything too detrimental to their health,
and luckily the rabbit skin came back up outside.
Niece had a dog that ate everything and anything,
resulting in several surgeries to remove intestinal blockages.

Good morning and thanks for the coffee. It is sunny and above freezing! I shoveled some snow off of the deck to have a nice place to soak some up. DH is not feeling well today and so I am keeping an eye on him, for sure. Sour, I am glad your pup is okay!
Sally, that sounds like a good decision on your DH's part. I would not want to be stuck in that mess either. Enjoy the rest of the day you all! I am off to check on horses. We have pockets of quicksand popping up in the springs, but I think most of the mountain horses are good at sensing where they are. Whoda thought at 9000 ft up one would have to deal with quicksand... :lau

It's time for an afternoon pot of coffee.
I'm tired. I feel like I'm literally in a race to get so many things done before we leave. I need the caffeine. I should have an IV coffee drip started....
Coffee Doctor GIF by UTexasMcCombs

At least you know Maggie won't have high cholesterol.

Laptop screen died last night after a fall from a chair. 3-5 business days (and $$) to replace it. Have not filed taxes yet. Guess I'll be sending in paper extension forms for us and DD2 because 5 days is cutting it too close.

Not having fun reading and posting on the phone.

Back
Top Bottom