BYC Café

it's the first step that's the hardest.
I hear ya, sometimes I have to mentally beat myself...."just get up and do one thing!"
Got a long list here, prioritized, and split into manageable(mobility budgeted) blocks of time over the next few days.
Wonder how much will get done?

I'm the only one taking that journey! :lau
Exactly!

The cool temps feel sooooo GOOD!
Socks, Sleeves, and window blinds wide open to the morning sun!
Think I got a broody out there.

Good morning and thanks for the coffee! I am heading to town this morning and then
gardening and working a horse, maybe some weed-whacking and splitting wood.
I am having dinner with a few book group friends and I need to make rhubarb crisp to go with dinner and wine. We could use some rain here too, but not as bad as some of you.
We are getting the smoke from the fires in UT and that sorta seeds the clouds for some rain or if not, it cools things down a bit from the clouds.
Enjoy the day!

Think I got a broody out there.
They are SUCH a pain... unless you want to hatch!! :love
Tonk is fully back in the game. She'd laid an egg yesterday.

I think I've got to lock up this gal.
IMG_20210605_103719575.jpg

She is one of Napoleon's targets. She hates him and runs to Fabio constantly, throwing herself at his feet. He has mounted her so often that sometimes he just looks at her as if thinking "WHAT is your problem?" and just pecks at her head to try to get her to stand up. She just stays there... waiting. He will finally mount her, get off and still, she stays frozen in position for at least 15 seconds before finally getting up.
One day when I was talking on the phone out on the deck I watched this happen 3 times in half an hour! Her head is bald and her back is getting there.
I've been trying to figure out which of the other hens likes her so I can lock the pair up in the maternity ward for a week or so to give her a break from all the testosterone turmoil. I've seen her roosted next to Alecia but Alecia is way up in the ranks so I don't know if that's the best choice.

Goodmorning and thanks for the coffee. Our accuweather has revised our temperature for Monday week down one degree to 108. Haha. The day before they are claiming to be only 98, that's quite a jump.
We go from 89F on Tuesday to 101F on Wednesday. Thursday is saying 109F

Well, Maggie scared the heck out of me last night. I baked some cookies, and left the pot holders on the counter when I took the cookies out of the oven. The night before she had taken a pot holder off the counter and was chewing on it. One of the pot holders disappeared, and I was fearful she had eaten it. Anticipating blocked intestines I searched the house to no avail. Finally found it under the computer chair.

Back
Top Bottom