BYC Café

I'm soaked in sweat. I came in for another "hydration/cool the body core temp back down to somewhere below boiling" break. I'm trying to finish spreading that mulch pile but it's slow going in this heat and humidity.

The broodiness is spreading.
I caught the "book ends" in the boxes along with Jody (AGAIN!!). Jody was very unceremoniously sloshed around in a tub of water and tossed shrieking her damn fool head off into the breaker. I left her in there for only 2 hours sopping wet in front of the floor fan before letting her out and to check to see if either of the book ends were still on the nest. They both were. :duc

They are very early in the process so I tossed them (literally) out the door and took all the eggs. Tonk has yet to come back on the scene. We'll have to see what awaits me at lock up tonight.

Stinkin' brats! THIS is why I'll never be able to vacation in the summer...

Congratulations!!! :wee What's her name?

Adoption is the only way I roll! Bells was the oldest Dobie so far. She was 4.5 years old when I adopted her and because they don't live that long, she's already considered "oldER" at nearly 6. I hope she makes it to double digits but you just never know with Dobies.
Well, first we named her Puddin’ (Puddin’ Pie) but DH decided it was going to hamper his masculinity to tell strangers that was her name. Then the kids changed it to Honey Bear (Honey for short) but that’s been a disaster because it seems I use that term of endearment for our other pets more than I thought. About a week in I considered renaming her Chaos, but as right as that felt at the time, it doesn’t actually suit her…. So, Honey it is, but she’ll always be Puddin’ to me. 🥰

The broodiness is spreading.

I blame Sour.

Ron, those are some pretty awful temps to deal with! The Denver area has had 100 for a few days in a row, record heat and all. There was enough smoke from western fires forming cloud cover to keep our temps near 80. I am fine with that!
Luckily we are through with this heatwave! The next heat wave will be next weekend.

There is a fire in Monterey that is heading towards San Francisco. We might get some of the smoke here in a day or two depending on how strong the Delta Breeze is.

I caught the "book ends" in the boxes along with Jody (AGAIN!!). Jody was very unceremoniously sloshed around in a tub of water and tossed shrieking her damn fool head off into the breaker. I left her in there for only 2 hours sopping wet in front of the floor fan before letting her out and to check to see if either of the book ends were still on the nest
How'd any of them get out of the breaker crate(s)....Hmmmmm?

Back
Top Bottom