BYC Café

Good morning! Thanks for the coffee, I need it. It was a hot, intense, sunlit day yesterday and now there is a flash flood watch posted. Thanks for the sweet update on the owls, LF!
I am having trouble realizing that August is right around the corner...:confused:
I quite agree, there is so much left on the to-do-list, but obviously by now everything takes much longer than it did 30-40 years ago!:rolleyes:

Your better than course grind in percolator you should be happy with it I hope..
Was up at 7:30 let chickens out pottied dogs left here at 9 arrived at 10:30 picked up the Leghorn pullets both about 5 months old
1627677762923.jpeg

I bought a percolator coffee pot the other day just because, but I'm not sure what grind of coffee to use in it. No instructions came with it. I know to use a light roast because of the water perking over the coffee numerous times. I'm just not sure what grind to use. Any percolator users out there?
Coarse ground coffee.

They used to sell canned coffee for percolators in the store. If grinding your own, set the grinder for a couple of clicks from where you ground for drip.

I have seen one like this in a store:

1627678571545.png

You can see the percolator setting on the left.

I have been wondering @LaFleche ,
how exactly do you hang them securely enough to put your weight into it?
I hang them by their feet/legs (tying each separately with the birds back against a wall or treetrunk or similar) and then cut a circle around the hocks and along the inside of their legs, heading to the cloaca, from there right along the breastbone going Y-shape at the front to go for the middle of their inner wings.

Attachments

• 20210730_231421.jpg
    20210730_231421.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 0
Just finished the wound toilet on my injured La Flèche rooster and I am frustrated:

Since he fought the other rooster through the fences the other day, losing the dressing and filling the toe up to the brim with dirt again, it just seems to worsen despite the antibiotics. I now could see something like a ripped and frayed tendon, which must have occurred during the recent fight. Right up to this incident he was doing so much better.

If this does not get better very soon, I will have to put him down. :(

Just finished the wound toilet on my injured La Flèche rooster and I am frustrated:

Since he fought the other rooster through the fences the other day, losing the dressing and filling the toe up to the brim with dirt again, it just seems to worsen despite the antibiotics. I now could see something like a ripped and frayed tendon, which must have occurred during the recent fight. Right up to this incident he was doing so much better.

If this does not get better very soon, I will have to put him down. :(
Yikes!
Maybe isolate him where he can't fence fight?

Back
Top Bottom