BYC Café

🤔Thinking about it, I might even have to switch to The Old Folks Home
Many of us at the Old Folks Home get day passes to come to the café!!

our winter is long enough so I hold off on wood stove as long as possible!
Yep, don't want to run out of wood. It wasn't even 40°F this morning. Time to go brush out the chimney so I AM ready when I need to fire up the stove. And buy filters for the hot air furnaces.

Good morning and thanks for the coffee! It is 35 and ice on the porch from the rain that we got last night and my bedroom slider is still cracked open because I love sleeping to the sound of rain. The kitten decided that I was a great warm thing to sleep on last night. I have never had such a snuggly kitten before.
Enjoy the day you all! I love the sign, Sally!
How about we all just sleep somewhere between a newborn and the dead? LOL!

Yep, don't want to run out of wood. It wasn't even 40°F this morning. Time to go brush out the chimney so I AM ready when I need to fire up the stove. And buy filters for the hot air furnaces.
40 would be a little much for me this time of year. The 50 I woke up to with the windows open was divine!

I have about 2 face cords worth of wood stacked. Half cord wood, half pallet scrap. I'm getting another face cord delivered today from a different supplier than brought the first.
My firewood guy told me 2 years ago he was thinking about retiring. He still provided our 2 cords last year but was really late with the second one because a tree branch fell on his face and he had to have surgery to repair the damage. I contacted him a month ago and got no reply so assumed he'd finally retired. I know I would have.

So I ordered face cords from two different sources to evaluate them. Then on vacation, my firewood guy finally texted me that he was just spread thin this year and can bring the wood. Yippee! I think I have enough room in the wood shed for 2 full and 2 face cords plus the pallet scrap.

I still need to replace (and order) some firebrick in the stove and I'll clean the chimney when I'm stripping off the roof on the backside to prepare for the seasonal room build the end of next month. We have a large Honeywell air filter that I use in the winter to HELP with the ash dust. But it still gets pretty dusty.

Back
Top Bottom