BYC Café

We are home again. That was a quick trip and a very busy crowded drive home. I even dodged the football game traffic and it still was a tiring drive. However, the university tour and "tryout" went well and so there is that. We will head off to visit another one in two weeks for sure. DS$ is getting an idea of what he wants in a college and team, which is the whole point! LOL!
I think I could use some of that cake...
Congrats on the chick that hatched, Penny!

You can have some butter cream frosting. I was being goofy looked like eyes dropped on. So made a face out it!
002.jpg

It rained last night... not in the forecast and about 1/3 of my cordwood got wet.
It will dry :D

My chickens killed and ate an English sparrow fledgling. It was aweful.
I guess my chickens didn't get the memo on such things. I found a dearly dead baby bird between the barns, must have fallen out of the nest. The hens paid it no attention at all.

and 3 of them are roosting very close to Willie,
first time any have infiltrated the older crowd on the roosts.
My littles still aren't there yet. I have to move them into the coop because the older girls aren't real welcoming. Some will peck them if they get so bold as to get on the roost.

Soon as I show up the older ones vacate the area the chicks were on with their "Mom" when she first took them up. I take the younger ones off the people door one at a time and carry them to the roost. Eventually they will get enough chutzpah to park where they want, bullies be darned.

My littles still aren't there yet. I have to move them into the coop because the older girls aren't real welcoming. Some will peck them if they get so bold as to get on the roost.
How old are they?
I'm surprised at Astrid's latest batch. I haven't had to pluck a single one from the nest boxes. They are a united force and stay on the boards or roosts.

Back
Top Bottom